• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Charity requires premises inspection/certification in Alconbury, Huntindonshire in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

BrianHJR

DIY
Reaction score
A charity I assist requires an inspection, test and certification of the fixed wiring in its recently refurbished premises on the old Alconbury Airfield site in Huntingdonshire.
There is a new 3 phase main switch and distribution board into which mostly existing circuits have been connected, and an existing sub-main board which has only one phase connected for a couple of circuits.
In all there are fewer than 30 circuits.

We are looking for an electrician to inspect, test and certificate the installation soon, we have limited funds and are looking for the best price, or even someone who wants to reduce their tax bill by doing some free work for a registered charity...
?

Images and further details available upon request. Thanks.

Is there any certification for the new works that have been carried out? Or are you looking for someone to sign off what has been done?

The latter. Electrician installed new switch fuse/SWA tail onto existing bus bars at the start of Covid, after that we had to crack on by ourselves as nobody was interested in doing anything other than essential repairs.

Sadly I will have to decline as I do not do third party certification.

Maybe you could contact your original electrician and seek advice from them.

Sadly I will have to decline as I do not do third party certification.

Maybe you could contact your original electrician and seek advice from them.

Theyre not interested.
The original work they did was by way of a favour so they’re under no obligation to assist us any further.

Maybe one of the associations may have members that may be able to help. a long shot I know.
There are a lot of qualified personnel retired from the forces, probably with the the skills you require.
If I was able I would help you.
Good luck and well done.

Theyre not interested.
The original work they did was by way of a favour so they’re under no obligation to assist us any further.
The most I would be able to do is a periodic inspection of the installation. You would receive an EICR (electrical installation condition report) showing either satisfactory or unsatisfactory. This should satisfy any insurance requirements you have.

The most I would be able to do is a periodic inspection of the installation. You would receive an EICR (electrical installation condition report) showing either satisfactory or unsatisfactory. This should satisfy any insurance requirements you have.

I’d say that’s exactly what we need, thinking about it.
I tend to think of EICR as domestic but we just need the same doing in a commercial building.
It is indeed just for the purposes of the insurance requirements.
Are you local by any chance?

Wanted to publicly commend Sid from SS Electrical for his very professional service completing our commercial EICR on Saturday.

It’s a great weight off the minds of those of us who volunteer our time every week to know that the installation is all safe, and that we can now get the necessary insurance cover back in place.

Reply to Charity requires premises inspection/certification in Alconbury, Huntindonshire in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock