Discuss Chart showing 0-4kWp PV installs vs number of MCS PV Installers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jerriais

Thought I'd post this up here to show that there are obviously many companies that still believe in the UK solar market. The growth of new PV installers isn't as fast as the end of last year but it's still growing at a fair old rate.

PV Installs and MCS Installer Chart.JPG

I'm not surprised. You only have to glance at an industry magazine and people are falling over themselves to promote PV courses. The sad fact is that most of these firms will probably fail to win any job against an established firm - without lying about their experience.

It will be interesting to see how this changes in coming months, as many new companies became accredited around this time last year. I am sure there are many who will not seek to renew their accreditation, (which I assume will remove those companies from the register).

There also may have been a "lag" period as it takes several weeks to attain accreditation. Some companies may have been committed to the process before the recent quiet spell for domestic installations.

Have you seen the latest from NIC - free solar taster sessions of 3hrs going through the basics. I'm assuming it's to generate business for their trainers - more madness. I wish someone had offered me free training instead of paying the £000's we paid for crap training!

Reply to Chart showing 0-4kWp PV installs vs number of MCS PV Installers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Renewable energy startup is seeking a Technical Co-Founder to help create a company that is both socially and financially rewarding. The...
Replies
Views
HI Folks. This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong location. I recently installed a 3kw Solar system with an iboost diverter...
Replies
Views
S
I've been asking on here about getting solar panels for a while but I've hesitated because of the cost and the anticipation that PV technology...
Replies
Views
S
I'm currently self employed as a window cleaner, I started this 2 years ago after quitting my last job as Psychiatric Nurse, and previous to that...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, Bit of a silly question but one I've never really encountered before. A customer of ours want an 8kWp PV system, I sent the application...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock