Discuss Cheap Aico Smoke alarm alternative in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

saabuldin

Hi guys hope any of you can help me here.

Im gona fit 30 smoke and heat alarms in a block of flats. I normally use aico as they are very good and easy to fit. But because theres so many i need im looking for a decent cheaper alternative.

Is there any other good makes but cheaper then aico.

Best price I got for aico is £10.95 each for smoke alarm and £24.90 each for heat alarm. + VAT

Thanks in advance

Aico is one of the few pieces of equipment that I have never had any complaints about. I would be very reluctant to change to another brand to save a few quid. Give your wholesaler a hard time for the quantity, although £10.95 inc is'nt bad.
For what you might save on units you may pay for in call backs.

Yeah i think your right. the job is quite far away and i cant seem to find any other good brand like aico so ill stick with them. Just gona try and find cheaper heat detectors now.

I wouldn't replace Aico with a cheap unknown!

Why don't you call 2 or 3 local stockists and see what sort of deal they will do. I've got a very flexible local independent dealer, who at times, is very, very competitive!

I fitted a heat detector today supplied by the customer and it was just as good as aico to fit and in some ways better. I looked it up and its a bit more dear then aico so im sticking with aico.

The one I fitted is "2nd generation Kidde fyrnetics slick range with rechargeble battery built in". anyone used this one. I like the connections on it which is easier to install then aico. It also has a hinge so the slide on detector is always there with you and can be easily removed if needed. Quite slick definatly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cheap Aico Smoke alarm alternative in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net