Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss cheap consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

diditrain

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi there, my first post on this site, but i regulary read the interesting posts from others.
Does anyone fit the cheaper plastic consumer units?
I fit them from time to time as required in my current position but i was wondering what anyone else does to maintain the IP rating when using the pre-formed knockouts on the sides of these consumer units for the tail entry?
I was used to fitting metal clad only with a gland in my previous employment, so these are a bit of a come down for me in terms of quality.
Thank`s for any replies/suggestions

diditrain

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No there is not the room to fit a gland

S

sparkyork

cant remember the name of it but if i need to maintain ip4x i just use some of that brown sticky stuff thats wrapped in grease proof paper and splodge that in

G

greekislandlover

We call it Dog Sh!t but I think it's called "Waterproof compound".

W

wayne

cant remember the name of it but if i need to maintain ip4x i just use some of that brown sticky stuff thats wrapped in grease proof paper and splodge that in
that brings back memories , i used that to waterproof terminals in motors once .
the motors were submerged for a couple of weeks due to flooding when they came back from rewinding that was the the chosen method to protect the terms

diditrain

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We call it monkey spu**

Reply to cheap consumer units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom