Discuss cheap extention lead set up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
i was looking into buying a extention reel for measuring and came across a kewtech gadget that uses any household extention lead was thinking about what i had in my tool box already and made this set up all i am missing is a test lead with crocodile clip attachment what do you think?IMG_20120819_115801.jpgIMG_20120819_115812.jpg
would my assesor be happy?

OP
T

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
does anyone know where i can buy a cheap set of leads that would plug into r2 socket and have crocodile clip attachment?

OP
T

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
it works! anyone else thought of this? if anyone wants to buy a simillar product i will sell you a set for 50 quid not including extention reel or postage.

OP
T

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
shh don't tell anyone! i will cut you in for 2 quid every one i sell!!!
50 might be a bit dear what about 40?
do you know where i can buy some sort of label to hide the kewtech and martindale one?

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Yeah just stick a bog standard voltage type warning notice over it with the lightning bolt on it , job done lol.( Yeah I know it's mostly dead test before you all jump on me lol)

Submains

Active EF Member
One of these would assist in the removal of the labels.

Grinder.jpg

Or even some of this.

3d_tipp_ex.jpg

As a last resort.

White.jpg

Last edited:
OP
T

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
cheers guys i would like to give you all a cut in the profits but times are hard
ps i have patented this idea so if i see anyone else doing this i will ring the police or tell my mum of you?

OP
T

thekingiam

Regular EF Member

Amp David

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
The extension lead cobbled together with socket adapters and all that seem great, but it soon become a little cumbersome what dragging it all about on an EICR.

You then think forking out for a proper R2 lead isn't a bad idea after all.

Geordie Spark

Regular EF Member

Geordie Spark

Regular EF Member
I know, wish I had seen that one before getting a Kewtech one.
well I have no connection with the bloke who makes them - other than being a happy customer. It really is a very neat bit of kit - smaller than the usual Kewteck & similar ones. The crock clips aren't too big so go nicely into ceiling roses etc. but if a bigger clip is needed a standard 4mm one fits.

PEG

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Good multi-tasking but before you rush to get on Dragons-den work out a way to stop the decorator working downstairs spewing your kewtech and plugging it in! "Sorry mate,looked like mine...." :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.