Discuss Cheap gu10 leds on Ebay? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BillyH

Anyone have any experience with cheap gu10 leds on ebay? How do they compare to the branded versions?
Any info would be appeciated

have you got a link. ? some of the ebay ones are good and some are pants. i would only buy from a UK based company, so as to bed able to get redress if they're duff.

You get what you pay for I'm afraid.

I've installed a number of these El Cheapo LED's and there is around a 30% failure rate within two months. Never had any response from supplier when asked for a replacement or refund, but they are that cheap in comparison it matters little really.

If you want quality, pay for the Philips or similar these are fantastic lamps with excellent light quality and a guaranteed life cycle, however you will have to pay big style.

I've tried cheap GU10 LED lamps on 3 separate occasions and I wasted my money on them all. At least 3 went bang after a few days, leaving black sooty deposits. One didn't work from the off. All had very poor build quality.

Also, the light output from the cheaper ones, in my experience, is far below the levels of th emore expensive items. Some are very poor in lumen output.

In contrast, the good quality (GE I think) ones I have used have lasted many many months and are visibly better built. Daz

Cannot see that much of a saving, branded LED lamps are so cheap now i see no reason why you would fit unbranded stuff.
I dont fit anything i cannot return if it fails, simply because I lose money on it. If a customer can buy LEDs for a couple of quid each then they can buy them and as long as they comply i will install them.
However i tell them up front that if or when they fail, and they call me thinking its my fault. I will charge them a call out fee when i discover its the cheap led lamps they bought!

I've used the China ones from ebay for about 12months and I have had only one failure out of over 100, a refund was issued straight away. Even IKEA are switching all their bulbs to LED, tried 3 they are c**p. LEDs are much cheaper now and so I use LED Hut. Great service and full guarantee. I wonder were they are made?

Just another LED issue. LED flood lights are great, all that light from 10W!!But, has anyone tried to use a separate PIR to control the low energy floods? Not sure if PIRs will work at 10W. You can get LED floods with a PIR but if you want to control 2 lights from one PIR I think that there is a problem,

For what its worth my experience with LED's off e-bay has been buy cheap buy twice! But I stopped buying them a year or so ago so maybe things have gotten better from China .....

I have used the LAP gu10 led's from screwfix for the past year, not had one go yet, probably in excess of 200 lamps purchased in total. Cant remember exact price but sure its between 6 & 7 quid

Just another LED issue. LED flood lights are great, all that light from 10W!!But, has anyone tried to use a separate PIR to control the low energy floods? Not sure if PIRs will work at 10W. You can get LED floods with a PIR but if you want to control 2 lights from one PIR I think that there is a problem,

not tried LED floods on PIRs as yet, but i've fitted several installs with 4 - 6 5watt GU10 LEDs on a PIR and had no problems.

Reply to Cheap gu10 leds on Ebay? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock