Discuss Cheap nasty little LED holders. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a supplier for those white plastic holders for emergency light charge indicator LEDs. the ones that push into suspended ceiling tiles.

Ceiling tile boys just cut off the old LEDs and threw the tile, holder and LED in the skip, bless their cotton socks.

I'm usually pretty good at google hunting but cannot find these any where.

I'd have taken a picture but they're in the bottom of a skip and I aint no skip rat.

Do they have some special trade name?

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Yep, been there too small, they seem to be for panel mounting and are all pretty small.

The things I'm after take a 5mm LED which just clicks in and then the whole assembly fits into a 15mm hole in the tile. When viewed from underneath the LED sits in the center of a ~25mm bezel.

The come as standard with some LED panels EM kits but cannot find them separate.

Can't even find a pic as part of a pack, they all seem to come with one but, can I find a picture?

Yep, been there too small, they seem to be for panel mounting and are all pretty small.

The things I'm after take a 5mm LED which just clicks in and then the whole assembly fits into a 15mm hole in the tile. When viewed from underneath the LED sits in the center of a ~25mm bezel.

The come as standard with some LED panels EM kits but cannot find them separate.

Can't even find a pic as part of a pack, they all seem to come with one but, can I find a picture?

I'm struggling too. I know exactly what you mean but can't find any sources.

Give my local led shop a call tomorrow, they usually have loads of boxes of junk lying around :grin:
LED Save | High Quality LED Lighting at Unbeatable Prices | LEDSave - https://www.ledsave.co.uk/
They might at least be able to tell you what they are called. Or sell you some new EM packs.
I have a "manufacturer" (Read - buy from China and assemble) near by where I may have to pop in as I know they include them in their kits.

I just thought something so common would be easy to find on fleabay or some such.

I have a "manufacturer" (Read - buy from China and assemble) near by where I may have to pop in as I know they include them in their kits.

I just thought something so common would be easy to find on fleabay or some such.

Sounds the same as the place I suggested. Worth a go.

Do you know anyone with a 3D printer?
That would require a template, which if i had it'd have an LED in it and be in a ceiling in Oldham now, or pattern which I hazard a guess is even harder that finding the actual article.

I'd try whittling one from ceiling fitters thigh bone but the prats are long gone now.

Reply to Cheap nasty little LED holders. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock