• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Cheap voltage tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LloydusT

Hi,

Looking at ordering a cheapo voltage for odd jobs around the house, what are single pole voltage indication and phase rotation test used for?:D

Thanks

High Tower

Electrician's Arms
Don't buy cheap, if your going to insist on going near electrical then spend the money and buy quality. Why would you put your life in the hands of a cheap tester??

Fluke T5-600 will cost about a ton and last you a life time and will not let you down

cbw

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
ARGH ARGH.......I have lost 2, YES 2 fluke voltage/continuity indicators in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.Going to buy neon screwdrivers from now on!

L

LloydusT

by cheap I meant a fluke T100 or T120 but do like the look of the new megger voltage tester.

When I say not needed I refering to Measuring single pole voltage and for measuring phase rotation.

High Tower

Electrician's Arms
by cheap I meant a fluke T100 or T120 but do like the look of the new megger voltage tester.

When I say not needed I refering to Measuring single pole voltage and for measuring phase rotation.
T120 is a good bit of kit!! You do need to follow a procedure when testing L-cpc or it will take out rcd's but I would pay the extra for the 120

Phase rotation you don't need

Test-Meter

Sponsor
We've just added the Megger TPT210 and Megger TPT220 to the site. Megger have also released a new proving unit: MPU690 to complement the new voltage & continuity testers. If you require any information or would like to place and order please call 0113 248 9966 and quote "ELECFORUM" for a further 5% discount!

Test-Meter

Sponsor
Our Current prices are:
Fluke T5-600 is £79.95
Fluke T5-1000 is £89.95
T5 Holster is £19.00
All units are in stock and can be shipped 1 - 2 Business days. Please call 0113 248 9966 to order

cbw

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
One of mine has come home!
Nearly bought a T5 today, good prices above!
Did by some new grips and mine were then found in the scrap (Beer fund)cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.