Discuss Cheapest night rate for residential electricity in 2022 in UK? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
We have a battery storeage system in our house.
Do you know who is offering the cheapest night rate electricity charge per kwh at the moment?
And what is their daytime kwh rate?

Ive just been googling for this for the last hour, but cant find out....ive filled in loads of web forms, but it just finishs up with "sorry we cant help"

A lot of comparison sites are just not offering to switch, as the prices are so volitile.

Youll have to go down the old fashioned path and look at each suppliers tariffs one at a time.

Octopus energy have a tariff called go, its meant for ev charging but lots of people use it for battery storage too.
between 12:30-04:30 you pay 7.5p per kw/h and aroudn 33p during the rest of hte day
they have another tariff called go faster which they dont advertise much which gives 5 hours and you choose start time. so in our case for our electric car. we get 8.5p per kw/h from 21:30 - 02:30 then 33 p during rest of day. our latest electric bill was £94.21 which included all household electric use, occassional use of electric shower (8.5kw), charging of electric vehicle and regular use of hot tub which when used gets turned on around 10 am until 9pm to get to temperature.

Reply to Cheapest night rate for residential electricity in 2022 in UK? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Could i get some thoughts pls Podpoint 7KW untethered installed 2 yrs ago, working fine with EQC mercedes. Solar panel installed 3 yrs ago. Last...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I don’t understand why my battery has been charged from AC to 23% every time. Charging from AC is disabled in the app. I...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can give me some advice, as I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to these things. I'm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock