Discuss cheapo customer in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Benny_Boy

Doing some remedial work for a customer thrown up by a periodic done by another company,
We're 2 days in and have done a CU change, main water bonding, fan + isolator in bathroom, rewired undersized spur in the kitchen...blah blah

Anyway, now most of the installation work is done, customer says "that'll do" and he's "run out of money".

There are still a couple of code 1 faults remaining and he's not going to pay for it. Not now anyway.
My fault really as I should have started with the faults and then moved on but I figured it was safer to get everything on RCDs first as I would be leaving the property overnight with the juice on.

I don't really want to have to write out an EIC with "CPC continuity fault at ceiling rose in bedroom 1" on it!

I'm thinking I'll have to put it in a letter to customer and get him to sign and return it to me that I've advised him to get it sorted asap.

any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO cover yourself and put everything on the EIC as in deviations from 7671 comment on existing installation and mark it up job terminated by customer. If you start letter writing and he does not sign and return as you want the problems start.

If on the other hand you are upfront and record on EIC if it does hit the fan later who are they gonna believe you that has done everything to the best of your ability or scrooge.

Chris

Covers you and you can always ask him to sign a receipt for the handwritten EIC which I would deliver by hand then you have him exactly where you want him:)

Chris

Reply to cheapo customer in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net