Discuss Check of main bonding every job. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BES

Hello again
Just checked domestic property today to see if main bonding present and ok. I was thinking does everyone check bonding even for smallest job. Personally i do even for like for like but i know some that dont. Honest answers please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the job. Any decent sort of works then I check and test the bonding. If swapping switch plates etc then a quick cursory visual check, I know some may not agree with this but it's better to see if it is in place and inform the customer of any possible faults, only takes a few minutes to check if they request. Any paperwork done would list the level of any check carried out in case of future problems.

Exactly same as you strima. Cant see why you wouldnt but i know a few who are into much of a hurry to even visualy check especially if house is pretty modern.

Reply to Check of main bonding every job. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Good day readers, if any,I am an old sparky, a very old sparky. I can remember old Faraday giving us lectures Wednesday evenings at evening...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock