Discuss Check This Beauty Out.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Check this out, I found it this morning whilst quoting for work in a house built in 1800, I looked at the shower and just had to take a photo! Its had a new handle. I thought my old Mira Zest was rubbish, but this is something else!

2014-07-12 09.43.58.jpg2014-07-12 09.43.54.jpg2014-07-12 09.43.49.jpg2014-07-12 09.43.45.jpg

It's only 24v so can't see it being all that powerful, it must only pump the water from the tank and not heat.

Correct!!

That's why it has two pipes feeding it - one from the hot storage tank & the other from the cold storage tank.

NOT clever to connect them directly to the mains water supply .. they don't like it up 'em.

Any ideas how old it might be? I want to say 1970 something, I have no idea .

Dunno .... but that system is still made and is a much better alternative to an electric shower IF you have stored hot & cold water. It is in fact the "true" power shower.

For me though, it has to be a thermostatic mixer shower and a decent sized combi boiler - say > 30kW.

Power shower here>>> http://secure.tritonshowers.co.uk/power-showers/aspirante-thermostatic-power-shower-chrome.html

There is NO heating element in these!!

Reply to Check This Beauty Out.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Just been scratching my head about this one and wonder if I've missed anything. A few weeks ago I installed a new circuit for a 3kw oven and...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Its been ages since I have been on here- Fortunately log in details stored on PC. I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank...
Replies
Views
Can i just check something. If a rat decides to chew a cable will it trip the MCB or RCD ? I ask because I had one house recently that had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not an electrician and I currently live in an apartment building. Over the past few years I have been having abnormal problems with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock