Discuss Checkatrade,Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I was talking to a plumber who said his new annual membership with checkatrade has gone up to a few pennys short of £1,300 a year which he reckons is almost double what he paid last year. He said he gets a few jobs out of the membership, but is considering whether to rejoin.

Not sure if he was giving me bull crap, but if he wasn't that is a big increase and a lot of money to pay to be on a website?

Have you checked the checkatrade website to check what they are charging trades, sort of checkout checkatrade.

Being nosey I did that earlier but Checkatrade don't show their prices, but just give the nonsense sales rubbish about what great value they offer and how wonderful it is being a member and you should feel privileged if they accept you etc etc

Checkatrade have the first price they quote but if you play hard ball they will lower it substantially to get you signed up for the year.. if you make contact then dont sign up expect regular calls with ever lower prices being offered. In the 2nd year they will up it substantially as the plumber discovered

I was talking to a plumber who said his new annual membership with checkatrade has gone up to a few pennys short of £1,300 a year which he reckons is almost double what he paid last year. He said he gets a few jobs out of the membership, but is considering whether to rejoin.

Not sure if he was giving me bull crap, but if he wasn't that is a big increase and a lot of money to pay to be on a website?

Its all about how you spend your marketing budget............. Last time check-a-trade contacted me they wanted £760 ............. which is more than I spend on my website, logo'ed clothing and all my adverts put together...........

I politely refused their advances.

If you are starting out ............. then maybe it might make business sense, but I hear a lot of clients saying they don't trust check-a-trade ratings and feedback ............. word of mouth is better.

Py-ra-mid...There's a clue here,somewhere :rolleyes:
..A pity the gov cannot put a stop to this CARP ... a previous employer had "Employees paying back -I'll gotten gains
--If they wanted to remain--Employed--
(was in our T&C handbook)... just left casual gambling to boost wage ..!

..A pity the gov cannot put a stop to this CARP ... a previous employer had "Employees paying back -I'll gotten gains
--If they wanted to remain--Employed--
(was in our T&C handbook)... just left casual gambling to boost wage ..!
can you rephrase that in undersandable english?

Employer protected us , probably afraid of what union would do , but still a form of slavery ! ... way back before Maggy stomped on them!
--Pyramid schemes -bad for business ... No real money made !

I'm already super smooth. You heard my chat-up line? " Drop em Fatty, you're next".

Reply to Checkatrade,Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock