Discuss Checking a Gtech Battery in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bluenose1940

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am trying to help a friend at the moment.

My question is, is it possible to check the battery that powers a Gtech vaccuum cleaner. I have a multimeter but I wouldn't know where to start to carry out a test.

I have plugged it in and had it on charge for many hours without any success. It is highly likely that the battery is totally shot but I would like to try to confirm this, or otherwise of course.

If anyone can help with this I will be most grateful. Thank you.

You can measure the open circuit voltage, but that won't tell you a lot. Although if it is very low then it may confirm the battery is beyond repair.

Some testing could be done if you have access to a variable current bench power supply, some high power resistors and an ammeter, but obviously it would require some knowledge as well.

Sounds like you may be as well getting a new battery to be honest.

Reply to Checking a Gtech Battery in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good afternoon, I have a 2 year old car battery (AGM 760 CCA) in a 2022 Hyundai that constantly "seems" to lose its charge. I'll check the...
Replies
Views
Hello, i have a problem with mercedes glc 250 cdi 2016 it drained my battery once and when i tested it with multimeter i found it is not charging...
Replies
Views
I
Hello folks. Just looking for a little help please. Recently I fitted a fst77 timeguard for a single 2.5kw simplex model NLSH18MN. This works...
Replies
Views
I live in the Philippines where the power is bad, we have constant outages and when it does work the voltage ranges from 160-255v and the hz...
Replies
Views
I have a 2005 Swift Kontiki 610 Low Profile and just been doing my usual pre winter check. I should say at the outset we are still amateurs re van...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock