• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.

Discuss Checking sockets - where to start? in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi.

My RCD tripped yesterday evening. I identified that the problem is on the Ring Main (Everything unplugged). When ring main set to on the RCD is triggered.

Left all other circuits on over night with no problems.

I've got up this morning and just switched the ring main on. No trip. (Nothing plugged in still).

I tried switching the ring main on numerous times yesterday with nothing plugged in and it tripped every time. This morning no tripping with same conditions.

What's my next move? Tempted to try the Hoover in every socket to see if any particular socket is tripping - Is their any better order to do this?

Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You must be logged in to see the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Checking sockets - where to start? in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom