Discuss Chelmsford CITY??- then WHY no training centres here!!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
O great, Chelmsford has got it's CITY-status in 2012,
but there are no Electrical / Electricians training centres in the whole of this big town - sorry CITY.

I've searched, but can only find the closest being HARLOW where there are two on the same industrial estate - funny that is.
45mins on sat nav. 34miles.

Or there is Able Skills in Dartford on the other side of the tunnel. arrghhhh traffic...
50mins on sat nav. 45miles.

might have to get home to chelmsford to maybe work some evenings from 6pm+, thats if i cant get those dates off as holiday.

Intensive fast-tracked is what im looking for. Domectic installer first, then onto Commercial soon as...

Thanks, and I find this the best site for info I have needed...!

Hi & welcome. :)

I did all my training at Chelmsford College. Its still standing do they not do courses their anymore?

They don't do Electrical Trainee courses if thats what your after

These fast track courses are designed for people with similar industry experience who just need to trim there knowledge or update there background .... they are often mis-sold to generate money for the system and leave alot of ppl high and dry if they are new to electrics... tread with caution
A 3-4 year course with apprenticeship is the norm to become an Electrician so try realise even the average guy will find 3, 5 and 8week courses easy to pass then be totally out of their depth.

PS welcome to the Forum

I lived 35miles away from my college i got up at 5am to get the bus and spent 3hrs each day travelling in block release format for over 3yrs and included lugging my toolbox at beginning and after each block .. there was also a 1mile walk from the bus stantion to the college which was a killer on tool box days.

Sorry but sympathy level will be Zero from me if your course you choose needs a little commute....

If you are going to succeed this shouldn't be an issue as determination and drive will be needed to turn an 8week course into a career, as i said before these courses are designed for those will related skills and experience but are often mis-sold as a golden fast track ticket to becoming a sparky without any previous.

Be careful this isn't a money wasting lesson and step back and think about why others do a 2-3yrs course costing alot more when they could all do these fast cheap options.

Its not a dig at you its freindly constructive advice and whatever you choose to do i wish you the best of luck but experience is a must in this industry and most firms wont touch you without it as myself wont touch anyone who hasn't done full apprenticeship work experience and college course.

Hello! I'm new too and doing my tairning at th moment through ATL they arent fast tracked as such and are costing me a fair bit but the more time you put into it the quicker you will complete. Most is done as home/online study the every module has to be covered as a fortnight in training centre in luton for practical reinforcement.

Hope this helps.

Welcome back, "TheSilverSpider".
I've heard Tesco Express are soon going to start doing a 'become an electrician' pack where you just fill in a workbook, post it back to them and they post you out your certificate and badge.
The best bit is there's no messy practical - they just give you pictures of how to do it.

Welcome back, "TheSilverSpider".
I've heard Tesco Express are soon going to start doing a 'become an electrician' pack where you just fill in a workbook, post it back to them and they post you out your certificate and badge.
The best bit is there's no messy practical - they just give you pictures of how to do it.

but do you get clubcard points with that?

Reply to Chelmsford CITY??- then WHY no training centres here!!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock