• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Chint CU

Discuss Chint CU in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
chint... a lot of other makes will fit, but beware of absolving the manufacturers from blame if it catches fire or any other problem. chint MCbs are easily obtainable so fit the correct ones.

supasparxs

Electrician's Arms
my wholesalers are Chint stockist.
They are called LPD electrical, Moss Industrial estate, leigh, Lancashire.
I don't know if they'll do a telephone order or not.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
don't think you can fit a telephone in a chint CU. LOL.

ample current

Regular EF Member
chint... a lot of other makes will fit, but beware of absolving the manufacturers from blame if it catches fire or any other problem. chint MCbs are easily obtainable so fit the correct ones.
no one seems to sell em round here ( CEF Wilts Edmunds etc) , and all the online shops wanna charge more than twice the price the breaker to post it ffs

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
phone chint(uk) 0161 762 9333 and find your local stockist.

highspark

Electrician's Arms
Chint are a cracking board. Exactly the same as the old Europa mcb's and boards. Buy Europa if you can't find chint! My wholesaler stocks chint

Last edited:

Geordie Spark

Regular EF Member
don't think you can fit a telephone in a chint CU. LOL.
I once fitted a telephone in a coffin.

I owned a company that made flightcases & rented the top floor from a bloke who had a Shopfitting business.

This bloke decided to try to diversify & find other markets for his skills & machinery, & so bought a coffin to see how it was made & if he could make them competitively. The answer was that he couldn't, so his plans came to nothing & he was stuck with the coffin that he'd bought.

We, upstairs had some noisy machinery - saws to cut aluminium extrusion, saws to cut wooden panels, an air compressor, air drills & rivetters etc. and it was often difficult to have a conversation on the workshop telephone.

One day, I had a brainwave & nicked the coffin, dragged it upstairs, stood it up on end, fitted a shelf in it across its widest point, lined it inside with foam to soundproof it a bit & stuck the telephone on the shelf inside it. It worked perfectly as an acoustic telephone booth !!

The same coffin was used as a makeshift desk for the VAT inspector to work on when he came to do an inspection on us - we even fitted it with a nameplate with his name on it !! That was the first & only time he came to see us !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]