Discuss Chip and pin recommendations in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all

Has anyone got a recommendation for chip and pin device. Am using square at the moment but 1.75% transaction fee is to high for my liking especially as in some jobs would be getting paid through this for Labour and materials this starts to add up then. Am looking for one that has a reasonable monthly charge and no transaction fee at all preferably. Cheers

I am with iZettle and they charge a fair bit more (2.75%) than Square but I think in 3 years I have used it twice! I only got the machine as it was cheap and a customer specifically asked to pay by card as they wanted to put it on interest free credit

I pass the iZettle charge on to the customer if they want to pay by this method, it's their choice at the end of the day. Most people settle via BACS payments which don't cost them anything

I am with iZettle and they charge a fair bit more (2.75%) than Square but I think in 3 years I have used it twice! I only got the machine as it was cheap and a customer specifically asked to pay by card as they wanted to put it on interest free credit

I pass the iZettle charge on to the customer if they want to pay by this method, it's their choice at the end of the day. Most people settle via BACS payments which don't cost them anything
I thought iZettle offered 1.75% transaction rates (MSC)?

You can treat these charges as expenses when you come to do your accounts. If you add the charge to the bill, you get a higher charge for the transaction, so you are paying a proportion of the overall charge for the charge you added...

I too have had izettle for a couple of years now, for me it's a no brainer.
It was 2.75%, I think it's 1.75% now, I bought it for call outs where the customer had no cash and wanted to pay by cheque. Even at 2.75% it's better than a cheque. I'd allways ask for cash but failing that a bill of say £100 would cost me £ 2.75, compared to recieving a cheque and having it my van for several days then the time it takes driving to town, paying to park then getting out, £2.75 is worth it.
My regular customers pay by internet banking.

Reply to Chip and pin recommendations in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net