Discuss chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bet anyone thinking of posting any type of electrical question has a sudden change of mind after reading this thread..... Who cares if he's in a scam - everyone does nothing but whinge about them anyway - show me a prosecution before anyone talks legality also, who cares if he's 30yrs or 30 days not directly affecting anyone on here is it, if people think its a stupid question for a spark to ask then don't answer as your knowledge far outweighs his.

The industry is in a difficult situation as it is without matters being made worse by people advertising on their websites that they are an NICEIC DI and/or AP and then stating openly on this forum that they are not. The NICEIC are hot about pursuing imposters. They have prosecuted people in the past, it's been well advertised. And as you ask, Google 'NICEIC and prosecution' - there's a page of reports on the subject

The industry is in a difficult situation as it is without matters being made worse by people advertising on their websites that they are an NICEIC DI and/or AP and then stating openly on this forum that they are not. The NICEIC are hot about pursuing imposters. They have prosecuted people in the past, it's been well advertised. And as you ask, Google 'NICEIC and prosecution' - there's a page of reports on the subject

Ment part p prosecution, not intrested in niceic impostering - it's the likes likes of the nic who have knackered the industry anyway.

If I'd asked the question :is it possible to have only 1 RCD in a CU, would that have made people happier?And before you start spitting venom, I've consulted my OSG and in some circumstances it is. I could have a labelled socket, fed through Earthed metal conduit and lights also wired in conduit (as long as they're not in a bathroom) without them being on an RCD, thus providing me with a split load.Challengers?

I'm not questioning what is best practice-I know already. what I'm on this site for is info on extreme situations where the rules can be interpreted differently but still comply.

You've "been an electrician for 30 odd years" and still had to ask about using 1mm flex on a kitchen ring final ??

As for your other thread about the sockets on the skirting .... lets not even go there !!

Now we have this third thread to entertain us & at the same time boggle our minds !! ... Well done - you've scored a hat trick !!

It's not just the 30 years that are "odd" .. it's also the experienced "spark" who has to ask questions that a second year apprentice knows the answer to !!

(NOT a "smug comment" ..... just expressing my view)

what's wrong with the sockets on the skirting board question?do u have any answers cos it doesn't appear so

Well to be fair your question was...

I've got to install a CU for an old fusebox.Problem is, there's not enough space for a split load CU.As I've only got 7 circuits, is it alright for me to put a unit in with 1 RCD that protects all the circuits? .

Well your the installer is it alright ? you have the OSG interpret as you see fit you have to sign it off mate !

I never said I was a NICEIC contractor. I've been an electrician for 30 odd years but not so much domestic./QUOTE]

So why the **** does your website say you are an NICEIC DI and AP? I presume you are neither Part P or Trust Mark either?!!

I've forwarded a copy of your website to the NICEIC. They have a section on their website for imposters...

You REALLY are an idiot and I couldn't be happier that u've sent a copy of "my website" to NICEIC, especially as this website has absolutely nothing to do with me and they'll probably note you down as a jobsworth busybody to be ignored in future-Well done!!

If I'd asked the question :is it possible to have only 1 RCD in a CU,
Anything is possible.

would that have made people happier?
No, because you're supposed to know the answer already. That's your job.
Do taxi-drivers have a forum where people ask "How do you start the car and then what"?

And before you start spitting venom, I've consulted my OSG and in some circumstances it is. I could have a labelled socket,
You can't label all of them. That doesn't count.

fed through Earthed metal conduit and lights also wired in conduit
It has to be steel, you know.
RCBOs would be easier. You could use MICC.

(as long as they're not in a bathroom) without them being on an RCD,
No point then.

thus providing me with a split load.
Why are you so keen on a split load?

Challengers?
No.

You REALLY are an idiot and I couldn't be happier that u've sent a copy of "my website" to NICEIC, especially as this website has absolutely nothing to do with me and they'll probably note you down as a jobsworth busybody to be ignored in future-Well done!!

You'd think that after your first thread got closed down after getting out of hand you might keep your head down till the dust settled.
Keep digging that hole fella.

I'll tell you what E4u , if you come clean now about who you are and what your real electrical experience is , we'll lay off and try and help.
Genuine offer cos no-one is buying your story TBH ??

Reply to chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net