Discuss chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

electrician4u

I've got to install a CU for an old fusebox.Problem is, there's not enough space for a split load CU.As I've only got 7 circuits, is it alright for me to put a unit in with 1 RCD that protects all the circuits?

Can you just put our minds at rest and tell us if you are a fully qualified, part P registered electrician please. We can tailor our answers accordingly then.

Split load unit with 2+ RCBOs (pref sockets, then lights) pending what budget allows

Remember it's notifiable work and something something the main cut out fuse and search engine :wink5:

I've got to install a CU for an old fusebox.Problem is, there's not enough space for a split load CU.As I've only got 7 circuits, is it alright for me to put a unit in with 1 RCD that protects all the circuits?

Why is it notifiable ? OP hasn't stated domestic dwelling it could be in commercial shop to which Part P doesn't apply ?

J

You can of course but it won't be to current regs, why are you changing it, whats the need here. There are different shapes and sizes, you can extend cables, there is usually a solution.

BTW - whats the latest on the kitchen ?

You can of course but it won't be to current regs, why are you changing it, whats the need here. There are different shapes and sizes, you can extend cables, there is usually a solution.

BTW - whats the latest on the kitchen ?

Rest easy P+S
CBW and amp david are on the case

According to that website the OP has 30+ years experience and is an NICEIC Approved Contractor. And he's asking this sort of question?

Richy, the op also asked about MCB size for a 1mm socket circuit in a kitchen, which is why I asked the question. I didn't realise he was NICEIC registered with over 30 years experience, so I withdraw my earlier question...

^^^ Hi Guitarist. Yeah I read that thread first. Makes me shudder to think. Even a Electrical Trainee knows that a FRC wired in 1mm flex doesn't sound right.

No, Sector and Wylex do dual boards with 4+3 ways so maybe they'll fit.

- - - Updated - - -

According to that website the OP has 30+ years experience and is an NICEIC Approved Contractor. And he's asking this sort of question?

But no home or office address - alarm bells ringing.

I do like the prominance of the football results!

This is a wind-up surely ??
3 clueless threads by the same "nic AC with 30 yrs exp" ?
yeah right , wake up and smell the coffee boys lol.

Edit ; this has got plumbers trolling written all over it ;-)

Im changing it cos the old fuseboard has had it.50 year old rewireable fuses falling to bits.I never said I was a NICEIC contractor. I've been an electrician for 30 odd years but not so much domestic.Just out of curiousity, why do they sell single protected RCD units if they don't comply?As for the 1mm flex on a ring, I didn't put that in, I'm trying to correct it.I've now told the customer it's gotta come out and be done correctly.For those who don't want to answer the question and simply trawl through threads to send smug comments, why bother?

Reply to chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock