Discuss chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I am now getting a little confused
I thought that you said, either on this thread or one of the others that you were doing a full rewire,cue the kitchen problem

Im changing it cos the old fuseboard has had it.50 year old rewireable fuses falling to bits.I never said I was a NICEIC contractor. I've been an electrician for 30 odd years but not so much domestic.Just out of curiousity, why do they sell single protected RCD units if they don't comply?As for the 1mm flex on a ring, I didn't put that in, I'm trying to correct it.I've now told the customer it's gotta come out and be done correctly.For those who don't want to answer the question and simply trawl through threads to send smug comments, why bother?

You've "been an electrician for 30 odd years" and still had to ask about using 1mm flex on a kitchen ring final ??

As for your other thread about the sockets on the skirting .... lets not even go there !!

Now we have this third thread to entertain us & at the same time boggle our minds !! ... Well done - you've scored a hat trick !!

It's not just the 30 years that are "odd" .. it's also the experienced "spark" who has to ask questions that a second year apprentice knows the answer to !!

(NOT a "smug comment" ..... just expressing my view)

I never said I was a NICEIC contractor. I've been an electrician for 30 odd years but not so much domestic./QUOTE]

So why the **** does your website say you are an NICEIC DI and AP? I presume you are neither Part P or Trust Mark either?!!

I've forwarded a copy of your website to the NICEIC. They have a section on their website for imposters...

^^^ said on that post 'I sometimes wish I was a Polish electrician with no knowledge of the Regs, doing cash in hand work'

or maybe just an electrician with no knowledge of the Regs?

Bet anyone thinking of posting any type of electrical question has a sudden change of mind after reading this thread..... Who cares if he's in a scam - everyone does nothing but whinge about them anyway - show me a prosecution before anyone talks legality also, who cares if he's 30yrs or 30 days not directly affecting anyone on here is it, if people think its a stupid question for a spark to ask then don't answer as your knowledge far outweighs his.

Im changing it cos the old fuseboard has had it.50 year old rewireable fuses falling to bits.I never said I was a NICEIC contractor. I've been an electrician for 30 odd years but not so much domestic.Just out of curiousity, why do they sell single protected RCD units if they don't comply?As for the 1mm flex on a ring, I didn't put that in, I'm trying to correct it.I've now told the customer it's gotta come out and be done correctly.For those who don't want to answer the question and simply trawl through threads to send smug comments, why bother?

You can buy any combination of cu you want, you can buy an empty shell with a din rail, think about a garage cu or any commerial industrial application where a front end RCD is more than enough - you just dont put them in dwellings anymore because of nuisance tripping leaving the whole house in the dark. Its a fundamental part of the 17th regs and indeed current thinking is to go the whole hog and have all circuits on RCBOs.
These are the regs and they are very specific for houses / dwellings.
Get a copy and have a look, its a good read...:)

No, Sector and Wylex do dual boards with 4+3 ways so maybe they'll fit.

- - - Updated - - -

But no home or office address - alarm bells ringing.

I do like the prominance of the football results!

I've not seen a Wylex with 3+4 for sale but that would work

Reply to chnaging CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock