Discuss chocbox in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

tank

-
Reaction score
hello all, you know how chocboxes are called lighting chocboxes, is there anything wrong in using them with 30 amp connector block to extend a ring final inside some dado trunking?

oh dear, i'm sure this has been done to death, but the trunking had t+e solid conductor cable in that i didn't think could be crimped. am i wrong? is there a definitive answer to this?

also, i agree, ideally replace the legs, but they disappeared up into oblivion after the ceiling was finished and would have been impractical to replace.

crimps are OK on solid cable as long as you use a decent crimp tool that compresses the cable and give the cables a tug, make sure they;re secure

crimps are OK on solid cable as long as you use a decent crimp tool that compresses the cable and give the cables a tug, make sure they;re secure. if you're not happy with crimps, then use wagos. ssimmples

crimps are OK on solid cable as long as you use a decent crimp tool that compresses the cable and give the cables a tug, make sure they;re secure. if you're not happy with crimps, then use wagos. ssimmples

As I'm reading that, Sergei is on the telly! Sssimmples!

Well after all the reading this discussion I can suggest you about the crimps. When I faced to this problem then I used crimps and now get rid from that.

Bring back Garelco conectors. Never known one fail.
If any of you remember them you're from my era.

Being serious crimp with a good crimper. Stagger and over sleave to make a good looking profecinal job. By good I meen a corectly adjusted ratchet set, not the indent crap from Halfords.

PS some of you may note, I've changed my attitude to crimps after doing a few experiments. I was dead against them on solid but after some rather violent trials on test pieces I've changed my tune.

PS some of you may note, I've changed my attitude to crimps after doing a few experiments. I was dead against them on solid but after some rather violent trials on test pieces I've changed my tune.

Disproves the old saying, 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks'! :)

Garelco??? google not working.

is a good ratchet crimper the main thing here, or can the quality of the butt connectors also make a difference?
the connectors are all much the same. it's all down to the crimper. a decent ratchet crimper is under£20 from most whoesalers.

Reply to chocbox in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net