Discuss Chris, Malta. Returned to the UK in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Hello people.

As the title states, I've been living abroad for the past 5yrs and just returned to the UK in Dec. I'm 29yrs old and again, like so many of you out here, I too have decided to retrain for a new career and jump on the "Sparky Bandwagon".

Out in Malta I was a commercial diver, not HSE registered hence why not doing it over here (plus what with the weather conditions etc!) not to mention the financial outlay needed to retrain to HSE standard.

Anyway, I THINK I've done my homework but no doubt there are those of you out here who know much more than I do so please be patient if I state/ask something concerning the trade and relevant courses that may seem blindingly obvious to you and try not to be too harsh on me! :) At the end of the day isn't that one of the purposes of these forums? To learn and to offer advice, lend assistance?

Well, don't think I can really expect a reply! From what I've seen on the other threads I may get plenty of views but not many replies (think they average 1-3?).

So, look forwarding to getting to know some of you on here and...Hello, I guess!

Ask away and we will do our best

If you ask a question that is 'blindingly obvious', watch how many views it gets!! we can all learn a thing or two......

regards

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Been reading through the various threads on the site and I keep noticing your name popping up offering advice everywhere and you also state that you run courses?

Can you give me more info on these please regarding the usual. Quals, cost, timescale, class sizes etc?

Thanks again

Hi

I teach:

EAL Domestic Electrical Installer, 7 days at ÂŁ995
G&G2382 17th edition regs, 3 days at ÂŁ495
C&G 2392 Fundamental Certificate in Inspection & Testing 2 days (if done with the DEI course-not sure of price yet
C&G 2391 inspection & Testing - 5 days at ÂŁ995
C&G 2377 PAT Testing (the full course not the mickey mouse half a course that some trainers sell!) 3 days at ÂŁ496

we are based in a brand new training centre in Cardiff (all designed and built by me)

I will take a maximum class size of eight. Any more than that and it turns into a cattle market!!

i can give you more info as you need it

regards

Tony

So the EAL Domestic Installer is equivalent to a 2330?
If I were to do the EAL that qualifies you to do the 2382 next?

Welcome on board. You came back to the UK? I am doing my best to get out! In 5 years I will be working as a sparky in Menorca. Want to take my family out and give them a better quality of life.

Good for you Cirrus.

Yeah, I was out there for 5yrs and main reason for coming back was my gf. Misses her family etc but, saying that, I'd had enough too to be honest.

Don't get me wrong it was a lovely experience and what have you but you just couldn't earn any money over there and it's very much a "Who you know" mentality. (I'm sure it is everywhere but on an island that's roughly 20x30 miles it's a little bit more blatant!)

Weather was good, diving was good. People are a bit weird though :)

So the EAL Domestic Installer is equivalent to a 2330?
If I were to do the EAL that qualifies you to do the 2382 next?

the EAL is in no way equivalent to the 2330, but it depends what you want to do

If you want to just do domestic, then why do you need to learn polyphase circuits and motor control?

Yeah, like i said i do the EAL and 2381/2382 a straight two week package. You are using the regs and the OSG during the EAL so it makes sense to jump straight into the regs exam while you are fresh on it

so when can i sign you up.....:D

I'm seriously considering it Tony, the only thing putting me off is the distance between us to be honest.

What do I want to do? I'm not sure on which route to be honest.

Which is more profitable?!?!

So if I did:
EAL
2381/2

I can still do 2391/2 in the future?

What path does the 2330 set for me?
(I realise I could probably find this out on the net but whilst your online...)

yeah you then progress onto the 2392 and 2391

2330 is a level 3 qual that covers commercial, industrial and domestic.

The EAL is domestic only and level 2.

2330 is the route to becoming a 'full' electirican.

Reply to Chris, Malta. Returned to the UK in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock