Discuss Circuit Design... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just hoping something can clear another small item up for me at all.

When designing a circuit and looking at cable length for a Ring Final, would you consider the length used in the R1+R2 formula to be the length of the full ring or just half the ring?

For example, if I have a ring final with one socket on it (hypothetical situation of course) in 2.5mm T&E and the socket is 10metres from the box, would the cable length in the calculation below be 10metres or 20metres. 20metres being the length of the circuit to get to the socket and back as a ring? I guess the question could be whether for RF's you use the radial distance or the ring distance?

So,

19.51 x 10 / 4000 = R1+R2

or

19.51 x 20 / 4000 = R1+R2

Silly question I know, but just something I need to be sure on.

Any help as always, most very welcome and so helpful as ever.

Reply to Circuit Design... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I’m doing my level 3 design project at the moment, and I’m on the question where you do all the calculations on each circuit, I’ve taken the...
Replies
Views
Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone clear up or explain in a bit more detail what could potentially be causing the results I have. I have just tested a 32a ring main...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm Currently doing my design calcs for my college project and doing the actual Zs calculation. Formula is Zs= Ze (or Zdb) + (R1+R2)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock