Discuss Circuit design in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
A guy asked me to install supply to 3 ph oven, as its few miles away I looked at same kind in another of shops , and it was installed on 32A breaker on 6mm. Anyway I got the rating plate sent to me by photo and I working out 2.5mm on 16A 3ph breaker, am I missing something... I could be but doubt it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 106
It doesn't ,but has 5 cables on the flex. And other ones I've seen have 3ph isolators so can do either, it's a cusine d France

is it 230V 3 phase, though? bloody froggy gear.

is it 230V 3 phase, though? bloody froggy gear.

Like many of the domestic ovens these days, there will be an adaptable terminal connection block, that caters for several different supply configurations. This 3 phase 230V requirement, just gets the phases linked out and supplied by a single phase supply, with of course larger conductors!! ...lol!!

so, are you saying he should size his cable for 44A, E54?

Like many of the domestic ovens these days, there will be an adaptable terminal connection block, that caters for several different supply configurations. This 3 phase 230V requirement, just gets the phases linked out and supplied by a single phase supply, with of course larger conductors!! ...lol!!
As Eng 54 says beware! Many European ovens are specified this way as they sometimes have single and 3 phase supplies available. You must follow the installation instructions depending on installation type and strap link them if you run on a single phase supply.

It's no probs to me. As for manuals I'd say maybe still in France . We as sparks should be able to determine supply conductors from that rating plate. Which I work out as 2.5mm on 16A tp breaker. Plenty of 2.5 about where I'd have to go buy 4mm

problem is that if it's designed for 230V/3 phase, you won't have that supply and you will need to convert to single phase with a line current of 44A.

problem is that if it's designed for 230V/3 phase, you won't have that supply and you will need to convert to single phase with a line current of 44A.

Need to look at the manufactures data, and connection diagram. But these European ovens tend to be suitable for most, if not all, of European voltage bands in one way or another!! lol!!

May be one like this I came across a week or so ago

271EF468-D7AB-4032-9BBC-951E51AA04D6-221-0000013CCD48AAFC.jpg

Reply to Circuit design in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net