Discuss Circular saws - Corded or cordless? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pencilpusher

I just wanted to know what people prefer? Corded or cordless and which brand is best. I use a corded wherever possible because I have found when having to use a cordless, the batteries just don't last that long. I like Makita but will be replacing it shortly as it is getting old and a bit fooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it's what you use it for. I use the Ryobi One+ range so I've got the 18v version and I love it. My joiner mate uses dewalt and makita and has said mine is almost on par. personal preference I suppose.

36v de walt, use the whole kit, sds, angle grinder and jig saw, keep on top of the batteries always use sharp blades and its just like using 240 without the cord

Mmartin

I've got a cheapie, cost about £30 but hoover plugs in and it works great with little mess. Only use it to cut floorboards, I've little intention of being a joiner.

Cordless every time for me, i`m on Dewalt at the moment but seriously considering changing to Makita. I regularly find large numbers of cables notched into the top of floor joists, very close to the bottom of floorboards and even with the depth setting set it can be very close so I admit Im happier having the power isolated hence cordless.

Festool plunge saw for me.probably a bit extravagant for a wood butcher like me tho!the 48 tooth blade is too fine for lifting boards tho 24 tooth about right.would say its one of the best tools that they make

I've got a cheapie, cost about £30 but hoover plugs in and it works great with little mess. Only use it to cut floorboards, I've little intention of being a joiner.

Me too.

If it gets "lost" then it's not such a big deal to replace it.

I also have a cheapie 18V cordless with a very thin blade that I use for cutting holes in that pesky laminate flooring - the gap is so small that you can hardly notice it when you put the floor back down - then once the laminate is lifted out of the way I can use the corded saw to chop through the flooring.

I used this method on a job where I was called to connect a gas cooker in a brand new kitchen. All laminate flooring, nice new kitchen units, tiling etc. beautiful built-in gas cooker fitted ..... but NO gas anywhere in the kitchen to connect it to !!!

So, there I was chopping a big square hole in the brand new laminate flooring so I could get myself down & under the floor to install a gas pipe back to the meter. At the finish, the joint in the flooring could hardly be seen - especially after I'd squirted a bit of PVA in & brushed the sawdust into it. Customer was very happy & paid me more that I asked for !! :)

Reply to Circular saws - Corded or cordless? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net