Discuss CIS tax return in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nults

Has anybody else received a letter off the tax man in recent weeks listing all the ways people 'make mistakes' in their tax return?
I just threw it away assuming everyone got one but all the people i have asked said they hadn't.
Thinking about it now, it seemed like a warning that i'd be investigated!

Has anybody else received a letter off the tax man in recent weeks listing all the ways people 'make mistakes' in their tax return?
I just threw it away assuming everyone got one but all the people i have asked said they hadn't.
Thinking about it now, it seemed like a warning that i'd be investigated!

Yeah, I got one. Its probably just to scare people. As long as the return is done correctly, there will be no worries.

Bloke next door to me is a self employed clerk of works and gets an accountant to do his tax returns wound me up the other day when he informed me that he onlt paid £400 for his last tax year

Biggest laugh is the accountant can be creative because he know HMRC cannot police it but in reality your the one that submits your accounts plus one thing to highlight you should ask your accountant if he or she is covered if you get audited because as we are 5-10 years behind the US there are people over there have lost everthing as the IRS has told them their accounts have been wrong for the past 10 years and where is the accountancy firm yep wound up leaving them with the problems

I had a cheap accountant and ended up owing £20,000 I kid you not it is now 3 years later with new accountants that I am back to £0 trying to claim over £10,000 owed to me Buy cheap get crap.

What I don't understand is that we pay for a service when using an accountant so if HMRC get involved how can it be our problem if the accountant is fiddling?

What I don't understand is that we pay for a service when using an accountant so if HMRC get involved how can it be our problem if the accountant is fiddling?

In France the accountant has a legal responsability to ensure that the tax code is complied with and taxes due are paid essentially a private tax collector. In this country an accountant is here to help you avoid tax only problem is their interpitation of what is tax exempt could be different from HMRC but this is no big deal as you have read above if its wrong then its your responsability to pay what is due and any fines incurred as for your accountant well you can whistle dixie.

I do my own and no doubt some clever person could say O I could have saved you £500 but what is the cost of an accountant. Best thing to do is ask the person doing your books if he or she a book keeper or an accountant and also ask what happens if there is a dispute with HMRC can you claim from him/her. To be honest I have heard too many stories of people running about trying to get £25-£30k tax bill because HMRC decided to audit them. I do my accounts every day yes every day and if I have made a mistake its an honest one ie buying a £50 tester and putting it under stationary

My accountant cost me £190 last year and I got a return of £2900. Lads moan at me for using an accountant and say to do it myself but I get a lot more back than what they do so more fool them! End of the day an accountant has trained to do his profession! I wouldn't expect and accountant to do his electrics!

Hi All,

If you would like a guaranteed high tax rebate, please contact us via PM for more contact details

We offer a pickup service for all your paperwork and guarantee a fast reliable and friendly, professional service. We aim to get you the maximum back at the lowest rates! We will NOT be beaten!!

We also offer the service to deal with any tax issues you may have from previous poor accountancy services.

Thanks,
Dan @ RebateMyTax

Reply to CIS tax return in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net