Discuss Citroen Berlingo 75bhp/90bhp? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Poshspark

Hi I am going to buy a new shape Citroen Berlingo next week they have a 1.6 engine but there are 75bhp and 90bhp models how much difference is there between the two? Has anybody got one?
Thanks

20% more power. I'd go for that although 90bhp still doesn't seem much.

Wouldn't touch the 75, the 90 is the minimum. Cracking van really but once loaded with tools gear and ladders the 90 is needed to get to 60!!! Christ it's the first van I've got my apprentice to drive. My apprentice wears a 5" inch heels and a tiny skirt FYI. She's the best I've had.

Hi I am going to buy a new shape Citroen Berlingo next week they have a 1.6 engine but there are 75bhp and 90bhp models how much difference is there between the two? Has anybody got one?
Thanks

NONE! Best to avoid French crap, the dash boards tend to light up like a Xmas tree after a few years and with the MOT rules now about warning lights.......

I would rather have the 90bhp but trying to find the right van spec/milage also location would it be worth driving an extra 100miles to pick up a 90bhp?

One of the main reasons that I would like the berlingo is that it has 3 seats so I can pick up my children on the way home, I don't know of any other van of that size with three seats. I can't get a bigger van as it has to go into my garage at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi biff55 I know Vw caddys are better quality but they don't have 3 seats I do have a top of the range Audi A6 avant for the weekends so the berlingo is the only van of that size with 3 seats that will fit in my garage. Unless you know of another make.

The transit custom has 3 seats in the front and would be about the same size as a people carrier. Plus I think it starts at 100bhp with variants up to 150bhp

What MOT rule is that Timbobelfast? My Ford has had the battery light lit (faulty electrics, battery fine..) for the last 2 years, and got only a little side mention in MOT last month.

What MOT rule is that Timbobelfast? My Ford has had the battery light lit (faulty electrics, battery fine..) for the last 2 years, and got only a little side mention in MOT last month.

Air bag , ABS , Brake warning lights and the like. These must go out after the self test.

i think my byjingo is the 75bhp and i can't fault it? I don't know what all the citroen slagging is all about! I have never been a fan of french vehicles but my van is awesome, i get 50mpg without fail even with a full load! Really comfy, 3 seats although it is abit of a squeeze! My only fault with the van is that there are no decent cup holders!

I used to have a vivaro and id take the berlingo anyday over that! Mine is a 09 plate.

75bhp? Luxury!

Got a 54 plate Multispace 1.9 non-turbo DW8...60 screaming horses with 122,000 miles. Does the job though, I've got a motorbike for fun. All I want is cheap and reliable. It's never failed to start or get me to and from a job. Cracking for the price.

Economy not up there with modern stuff but when a turbo failure can wipe out any fuel saving costs, who cares? A new engine for this is only £400.

Hi guys just picked up my Peugeot partner today, I was lucky enough to get a professional spec one so it is 90bhp with blue tooth & air con etc. It's like night and day compared to my 12 year old kangoo, just need to sort out some racking & get organised.

Had nothing but issues with my citroen.... but that could just be the one I have....

Companies berlingo broke.

Was getting through a bottle of oil a day or two at most.

First job before getting in van morning and night is top it up.

Smoked like a ******** and couldn't go faster than 50 downhill. The odd tractor was over taking it

Reply to Citroen Berlingo 75bhp/90bhp? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net