Discuss City and Guilds 2330 part 1, 2 & 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kiwiNCFC

I have been sending letters out for an apprenticeship for an electrician to about 15-20 companies and i have had no luck so far with only 2 replies saying "no vacancies". Im 18.

At my local college there is a 2330 course but its part time and its 3 years long. In the course description it states that it does a part 1,2 and 3 course (level 1,2 & 3?) If this is correct would it be worth taking this course?

Thanks!

I know it as C&G L2 & L3 never heard of level 1.

The 2330 is now the recognised qualification for an electrician, in my words I's say do the course and don't give up looking for the apprenticeship or even work as a spark mate.

Hi i finished off the 2360 last year as it was being phased out.I had to do 2 years worth of assignments and take the electrical installations and science exams to complete it. Unfortunately the college lost my assignmments and have said they cant give me the full 2360 cert even though i have copies of the assignments. I am told now i have to complete the 2330. I have been on to the city and guilds and they have told me i have to let the college deal with it. Does anyone no if there is anywhere i can get advice about this as it seems a little unfair as i worked hard to complete this, i did all the studying at home on a correspondance course and infact the course had some componants missing I have been an electrician for 27 years i have passed the 2381 2391 2360 parts 1 & 2 but obviousley not had the assignments marked,ive even passed the Australian AS/3000 wiring rules. If anyone can advise i would appreciate it thanks spike.

I have been sending letters out for an apprenticeship for an electrician to about 15-20 companies and i have had no luck so far with only 2 replies saying "no vacancies". Im 18.

Thanks!

Same here m8 sent out 40 letters to employers & no luck :(

(level 1,2 & 3?) If this is correct would it be worth taking this course?

there is a Level 1 but its not with C & G at lvl 1 you will do a basically doing most of the practical from Level 2 just alot less theory at level 2, so am told from college.

Just finished Level 1 going onto level 2

Same here m8 sent out 40 letters to employers & no luck :(

(level 1,2 & 3?) If this is correct would it be worth taking this course?

there is a Level 1 but its not with C & G at lvl 1 you will do a basically doing most of the practical from Level 2 just alot less theory at level 2, so am told from college.

Just finished Level 1 going onto level 2

Stick with it mate even if you can't get a job. Unfortunatley with the way things are jobs are going to be very hard to get. I can't see it getting better for at least 2 or 3 years, however when things do pick up you will be much better placed if you have qualifications. Employers will also look more favourably at you because you have shown a willingness to put yourself through college.

In the last recession (1990)I had just finished my apprenticeship as a bricklayer and went straight onto the dole. By the time I returned to the building trade in 2000 I was one of the youngest brickies around, as training and apprenticeships had more or less been scrapped due to lack of work. The same will happen this time. There will again be a huge shortage of skilled labour when the work picks up again and you will be ideally placed to get work.

Just finished my 2330 L3, the two years i did ( L2 + L3 ) it gives a broad range of skills in lots of areas so i would say keep with it, i did it two evenings a week got to meet some good friends along the way, good luck
jas

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just finished my 2330 level 2 this week wwwwooooo and im loving the first year learnt alot and helped put a few things into perspective defently going to carry on to level 3 then my NVQ.

A

um, no it wasn't.

alot of H&S and basic theory, and alot of basic practical.
(teaching us the best way to raise floorboards and replace them etc)

Reply to City and Guilds 2330 part 1, 2 & 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock