Discuss city and guilds 2360 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi passed city and guilds 2360 level 3 back in 2004. 2 yr course. When left college i did the 2391 course, but failed it due to lack of knowledge experience. College put us on it to earn money. 2 passed out of 12, some very experienced. Any way just been told im not a qualified electrician. Ok im very rusty with calculations etc. So what course do i do next to better myself. Thanks

just seen your thread.

I have done 2360 level 1/2/3 years ago and wasent sure what i needed now to be up to date.

My post early on today (if you have a look) is what he basically told me i needed to be able to apply for a current job.

Although always been doing electrical work of some kind since, so can test and fill in certificates as such ,and kept up to date with the 17th , so dont know if that differs from where your kinda at now.

So according to him if i passed i would be up to date and qualified (i hope!)

Thanks for the replies. I ve been working for a company doing comercial and doing own jobs. Fill it test certs when fitted. Replaced . New circuits etc and domestic for myself. I was told by a lad that i cant do this as its not a recognised certificate. So i understud by his accounts im not qualified as an electrican. Will ring college today. Thanks

So you're taking notice of a ''Lad'', ...more fool you!!

What he was probably talking about, is that you're not a member of one of the Scam providers, which is a different matter altogether....

taking notice of a "lad", ppfff whats the matter with you! don't you know that lads know nothing.
if you pour hot water over a "lad" you get a new flavour pot noodle!!

Bugger, I qualified with 2360. I hadn't realised that I am no longer a spark. Could you ask your lad if it would be alright if I carried his tools for a while so that I can learn from him?

Well, I've heard it all now, what about the new breed of so called Electricians that are "qualified" with not one ounce of practical experience. LOL

there not recognised by the jib though and that is what the lad must mean.

i cant remember exactly when but they have required an nvq for a few years now

yeah, I remember a thread some time back, 30year guy 236 C&G, JIB would only grade him labourer, because he did not have nvq, refs from past employers too.!!

Spoke to local college they advised not doing am2??? As im self employed but do the equivalent of 2391 == 2394 /5. As they said with my qualification i cant sign off my own work.

Spoke to local college they advised not doing am2??? As im self employed but do the equivalent of 2391 == 2394 /5. As they said with my qualification i cant sign off my own work.

You are a qualified sparks with 2360. If you want JIB grading they will want NVQ3 as already said. Try XS or CTD Quickstep for the 2356. The 2394 and 2395 are initial verification and insp & test quals which are not essential for you to work as an electrician.

I have also recently found out ,
if I wanted to work on Building sites etc, will have to pass a C&G 2356 NVQ Level 3 , to be 'approved' as such, don't know if its worth it though, as too old now to keep up with all the young lads out there, and enthusiasm not what it once was for working all hours god send at full pace!
But have been recommended these https://xtraskills.com/ if you want to go down that route for employment , have a look at costs vs expected reward is all I can advise.

Reply to city and guilds 2360 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock