Discuss City and Guilds short courses NEW INFO. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

Today i have received a load of info regarding the changes to all the short electrical courses from C&G. Once i have had time to read it all i will divulge the relevant bits for you all to read. I will probably sort it out over the weekend time permitting.

Cheers..............Howard

the opposite its gone up a level will be harder and of course more expensive

Pat Testing course is level 3 standard, well they would have us believe that anyway!! So why do you think it's going to be harder, when just about every other C&G course has had it's standards lowered over the years, because of complaints by students that they were too hard??

Honestly, and i'm not just saying this because i'm an old fart, You modern students don't know just how lucky and easy you have it, compared to when i was doing my initial training. There was no such thing as multiple choice questions, there were no credits for each small module as you have now. You sat exams with no help from calculators and exams were based on that year or half years curriculum, not on what you had learnt over the past few weeks.

I've put a thread about this in the I&T section, with the links to the C+G documents.

From a quick look, 2392 is harder, 2391-10 is about the same with an emphasis on PIR, and 2391-20 is about the same. Numbered 2394/5/6

Reply to City and Guilds short courses NEW INFO. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

having enrolled myself onto an electricians course at the end of jan, after deciding on a complete career change of baker/retail worker in the 25...
Replies
Views
Returning to the trade and just done my 18th Edition update last week. Trying to make head or tail of new C+G qualifications and cross-ref to my...
Replies
Views
Hi there, This might be a bit of a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try. I'm based in South West London (Richmond/Twickenham) and I'm about 7 weeks...
Replies
Views
hello , Just a note to see if anyone been in the same sort of journey as me? I wanted to retrain as an electrician at 40 and on bad advice did a...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock