Discuss City & Guilds 2365 Course Level 2 & 3 Diploma course at Tradeskills4u in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Anthony Walker

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice,

i am 21 years old and have been applying for apprenticeships for just over a year, i am having no luck as i dont have any experience in the electrical field. I am considering booking myself onto the City & Guilds 2365 Course Level 2 & 3 Diploma course at Tradeskills4u with hope that i will find it easier to become employed by a contractor and complete my NVQ once employed, would anyone say it would make it a lot easier to find employment once my diploma had been completed, i am worried that i will spend the £7500 and still stand the same chance as i do now. Also has anyone done this course or a course with tradeskills4u? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Hi Anthony. 2365 L2 & L3 are definitely worth having and will transfer across to 2357 so you won't duplicate work. However, shop around for those courses. £7500 is not even close to competitive. Google 2365 and get yourself the best deal.

Hi Anthony,

I too found myself in a similar situation, decided in the end to take the plunge and go for the 2365 Level 2 & 3 with Trade Skills 4 U in Crawley and am thoroughly enjoying it (starting week 13 next week).

It is a lot of money but if you're able to cope financially with the "two weeks on, two weeks off" for 16 weeks compared to doing 2 evenings a week for 3 years the equivalent course I think it's a no brainer! They also offer the 17th Edition, Part P & a "bridging course" (for NVQ if you choose to go that route upon completion) as a mini package for about £200 at the end of the 16 week course.

Jamie

I considered the tradeskills for you until I read the reviews.

The cost is ridiculous. You don't get the teaching support like at a college or proper training centre.

If your in South Yorkshire approach Arena Training. £500 up front and then spread the rest across the time it takes you to complete. The center is run by ex teaching staff from a local college that got laid off when they stopped electrical courses.

My total price for Level 2 & 3 is £1600 just £800 for the AM2.

Lot of ways to do course and people learn all different.

I did the 2330 Level 2 and 3 Evenings over 2yr. One course at a time and a Lot of Reading inbetween (for me that kills) also having class mates, bounce off each other you are all in the same boat.
I would like to LEARN a subject than know how to pass testings and a lot of College/FE all they are intresting is KEEPING YOu happy for the Cash and Passing the Exams.

Lot of the stuff seemed basic at level 2, Heath and Safty etc and putting up Circuits (being slapped around the head for twisting wires together :13:) talking to the other guys in the class, and putting simple circuits on the wall for Lighting etc is very helpful and pritty easy, bending pipes and MICC etc.

Level 3 was a bit harder for me (new manager at work) but i wished id read books on Testing before starting my second year to give me a heads up, no harm is being ready for what they will chuck at you.

As for Cost, it was about 1000-1200 a year for me, plus 1100 for the testing, my college chucked in the 17th in for only 50 i think (just the test) but they told us to high and tab pages as ref (tho i did the questions from memory and logic but tagged ones unsure to look over next and then check them all with the book after)

You will need 2365 Level 2 and then Level 3 and then 2382 17th Edition then i would suggest 2394 and if you feel great then 2395 but dont need it. Dont think i could commit to 7500 it would scare me

Ooops i guess this is a dead link as was posted in Feb

Last edited by a moderator:
a bit lost for words.. the 2330/2365 is the Classroom format of the 2356/2357
so if you dont work in the trade and trying to get in, then that is your only hope.
But they can then Do a Bridge Unit and do the other bits to get the NVQ3 and the AM2.
So if you want to do it in Stages, ie work for a living to pay for it, or pay over time then this is great or even if no one will take you on becasue your OLD, this is could be your only way in.

I see you took 2393, a course that most electricians (and colleges) say what the point
one college i asked about the course, in the view of doing it (mainly for some thing to do) said with my qualification dont bother.
Ask Napit and NICEIC about the Part P they didnt seem intrested in it ever.

I logged back in here coz I'm contemplating doing a similar thing. I just registered with a few temping agencies and one directed me to Skills Bug :: Skills Bug :: who say they will help people "work towards" City & Guilds 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment.

I have 2330 but very little experience. Doing an NVQ to help me get on the 1st rung appeals to me. I suspected this scheme might be expensive, because they weren't so keen to tell me the cost. A woman phoned and wanted to send a salesman round. I said I'd let them know. If it's anywhere near £7500 it's out of the question!

I think if I did it I'd quit my (terrible) job and do it full time if that's possible. I wouldn't want to take 3 years! But I guess it's hard for anyone to say to what extent having this on my CV would help me.

I logged back in here coz I'm contemplating doing a similar thing. I just registered with a few temping agencies and one directed me to Skills Bug :: Skills Bug :: who say they will help people "work towards" City & Guilds 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment.

I have 2330 but very little experience. Doing an NVQ to help me get on the 1st rung appeals to me. I suspected this scheme might be expensive, because they weren't so keen to tell me the cost. A woman phoned and wanted to send a salesman round. I said I'd let them know. If it's anywhere near £7500 it's out of the question!

I think if I did it I'd quit my (terrible) job and do it full time if that's possible. I wouldn't want to take 3 years! But I guess it's hard for anyone to say to what extent having this on my CV would help me.

If you have done C&G 2330 L2 then i guess they will let you do C&G 2357 L3 + AM2
I would ignore the 2377 course and the Part P

And for the FULL Qualified bit i dont understand the 2382, as in the C&G 2330 L3
what i did in that course you could pass the 2394/5 at L3 than do a 2382 at L2

Thanks Duane. I have Level 3 2330. I guess that means I can skip a lot of what they are offering and get to the nitty gritty a bit quicker. Save some money that way too.

I really don't understand all these different codes. Initially I was led to believe you could do your 2330 (or equivalent) and when/if you were employed in the trade, you went on to do an NVQ, and then that was you 'fully qualified'.

Then I learn there's all these other codes, grades, levels etc, and there's no such thing as fully qualified is there? Seems like a proper mess to me.

I really don't understand all these different codes. Initially I was led to believe you could do your 2330 (or equivalent) and when/if you were employed in the trade, you went on to do an NVQ, and then that was you 'fully qualified'.

Then I learn there's all these other codes, grades, levels etc, and there's no such thing as fully qualified is there? Seems like a proper mess to me.

A lot of the Electrical Courses are City and Guild Numbers (even tho there are other education boards)
the 2330 is as i understand it the class room part of the course (this has changed to 2356)

YOU can do a BRIDGE UNITS and portfolio of examples of work for the NVQ3 (2357) for that i was told (scream at by a Napit assessor) that you have to be Employed (tho some FE have offered it to me!!) then on the AM2
<Myself i feel i could of hit a limit to the amount of information i can express so after a bit of time i may try 2357>

NUTTY thing is with the 2330 Level 3 and 17th Edition (need that) thats it you can be a Domestic Installer.
I think to HAVE the NVQ3 would be better myself and would love to have it too myself.. alonge with the AM2
As for the 2394 Initial Verification, i have a non C&G version of this qualification but still didnt give me a edge to any one without it, to Napit or NICEIC. As for the 2394/5 courses, it was just the same as the test i did for my 2330 L3 course doing Initial Verification and Periodics.

SITE TO LOOK AT (ive not checked it fully out)
http://www.electricalqualifications.co.uk/index.php

"If you have already completed your City & Guilds 2330-07 Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) we can now easily convert this qualification into the new Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance). This will require the candidate completing a ‘bridging unit’ from the 2330 to the 2357 which will take 1 day at our centre and then you will have the NVQ portfolio element to complete. "

It all comes down to £££ business.
Before you drop £7.5K on a course, write to potential employers stating you've got no electrical experience outside of college.
Point out you're keen, and going to X course on X date, or you have X qualification.
See if the job offers come rolling in, were previously you've had no joy.

That would be one of a few acid tests you could carry out to determine if the investment is worthwhile.

I've worked out there are a few blokes on here who employ people - imo it's best seek their opinions.
It doesn't actually matter what I think. :)

Thanks for the replies. I think I need to do another course just to refresh my knowledge and show employers I'm still keen (I finished the 2330 in 2009). Maybe the 17th, once I find out what it is!

the 2330 is as i understand it the class room part of the course (this has changed to 2356)

Level 2 was one evening classroom, one evening workshop. Level 3 both classroom. Pretty sure it used to me called 2360. Somebody at C&G loves changing these numbers!

CITY AND GUILDS 2382-15 is the 17th edition 2015 and you would need a yellow regs book with a hologram insider
Cost about 70-80
I did my test by clicking on what j think it should be and then re-doing it with the book
It's a gola so multi chose tho they like similar answers so it isn't 100% east

My 2330 was two evenings a week, first year was boards and classroo
Second year was testing boards and classroom

hi
I'm 23 and i'm looking to do the 2365 course over evening study at the local college as i will be working while studying. I currently have no experience within the field of electrics. my question is what would the best course for me. I want a course that will have a good all round understanding and leave me with a good base for employability after its ended.
basically are there any other courses better suited for my needs and if so why?

I think your only op is 2365 level 2 then 3
Don't look too far forward as things changes
And I can never promise a job at the end of any course

But before stating a.course make sure you are ready for it.. Read learn and ask questions
For me I can't do a course on any thing I don't already know reasonabley well
This is due to my reading and getting side tracked when trying to read a.text book

Reply to City & Guilds 2365 Course Level 2 & 3 Diploma course at Tradeskills4u in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net