SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss City & Guilds 2391-20 in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

petegibbons

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Has anyone does this course, I have already passed my 2391 testing and inspecting course, is there anything to be gained in me doing this qualification?

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Pete,

I think the '20' is designed for electrical installers to be able to test their own work.

G

Guest123

Hi Pete,

I think the '20' is designed for electrical installers to be able to test their own work.
Dont think so mate.....the 2391-10 is inspection and testing, whereas the 2391-20 is the design erection and verification (old 2400).

Are you confusing it with the 2392?? intro to insp and test?? which as you say enables a guy to test his own work.

S

Spudnik

Dont think so mate.....the 2391-10 is inspection and testing, whereas the 2391-20 is the design erection and verification (old 2400).

Are you confusing it with the 2392?? intro to insp and test?? which as you say enables a guy to test his own work.
Err. Yeah. Thats the one.:rolleyes:

G

Guest123

Hi Pete.

When I did mine I was employed by a large company so it was beneficial for me to do it as I got more money and responsibility. Also I was deemed qualified to be put forward as Q.S for NICEIC.

However if you are your own boss then I would say it's not as beneficial as you will no doubt already be a principal duty holder/QS for your company anyway.

Basically if you are an employee then yes I would do it, but if you are an employer then I wouldn't.

Cheers.

P.S if you were to do this course then the JIB would grade you as a technician, just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

spark1

Has anyone does this course, I have already passed my 2391 testing and inspecting course, is there anything to be gained in me doing this qualification?

Dependands on the type of work you presently undertake...

If only domestic then not really beneficial,

if Commercial / Industrial contracts are undertaken then yep maybe.

regards.......spark1

M

maddfridge

hi there

2391-20 is the design course natural progression with a whole lot of electrical experience for the actual design, verification and other stuff

ok if you want a higher management postion :eek::p:p

cheeers

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to City & Guilds 2391-20 in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom