Discuss city & guilds 2391 or 2392 ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

When I did the 2400 18 months later that was only £290 at the same college.

That was 1 night a week for a year including project and exam fee.

I think it's the same price now. Seems really good compared to a lot of the prices I've seen quoted on the net.

wow, £180 ?!!!

The cheapest quote I got was around the 400 quid mark. I live in Scotland though and this was for companies/ colleges down south in England so I ended up paying a little bit more for the course and exam so that I could do it closer to home at £550. However, it would have cost me the same or more once I factored travelling and accommodation costs.

I did the 2391, 4 days straight course, sat the exam in October and only got my results last week. Passed first time without doing 2392 first. WOOT WOOT!

still cant get over 180 quid.

Brucelee

Focus technical training based in Hyde.
Google them or give me a shout and I will pass you the fellas email address and phone number.

Very good training provider and reasonably priced.

Brucelee

Focus technical training based in Hyde.
Google them or give me a shout and I will pass you the fellas email address and phone number.

Very good training provider and reasonably priced.
they are £450 too. seems to be more expensive doing the 4 day course rather than night school :confused:

If you went to a good college/learning provider, that would be true, that the level 3 but the standards vary from college etc, some thoroughly test and access candidates other just go through the motion, if your confident at testing and tesgularly as part of your electrical work go and do the 2391, but there are still a lot of electricians who do none or very little testing and the 2391 practical is behond their abilities, for these people the 2392 is an ideal stating point, if you are taught by a good lecture and are assessed throughly.

If you are between the age of 16 to 19 it free or low cost for the college part, if your over 19 a level 2 2330 can cost anywhere from £1600 - £3000 for a 3 day 36 week full-time course, level 3 about anything upto £2000 for 36 week 1 day a week part time, then it will cost you about £3000 to £5000 for your NVQ work based portfolio, going to college only get you the technical part your have to complete NVQ which recorded your work based skill and with both component you will be able to be graded as a qualified JIB electrician.

New course are starting in September which are aimed at 16 -19 working in the trade only, if your over 19 and not working but wishing to study, there does not seem to be a career path anymore, blame summit skills.

Reply to city & guilds 2391 or 2392 ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock