Discuss City & Guilds Logo in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Guitarist

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Seen a few sparks in my area using the above Logo on their advertising and wondered if any of you guys do.
Personally, I don't think it's necessary, but it certainly makes them look very "qualified" to joe public.

Personaly i dont think the public have any clue what the C&G logo means in general....has about as much use as putting Hagar/megger/MK/etc/etc logo's on paperwork IMO.

Thats the only reason for it - there is a copyright issue in regards to it as the C&G logo is copyrighted - I used to use it, but not anymore.
Plus as well you can do the C&G 17th Ed course and be C&G qualified!
The only decent course is the BTEC apprenticeship and C&G 2330 but noone is going to have BTEC qualified are they.

Personaly i dont think the public have any clue what the C&G logo means in general....has about as much use as putting Hagar/megger/MK/etc/etc logo's on paperwork IMO.

City and Guilds is a nationally recognised qualification, I would say nearly all Joe Public know the quality of the courses (C&G have a good reputation in general), where as all other logos and BTEC are not well know

I'd dont agree with that assumption Swicade , G&C are recognised at a national and international level as a vocational trainer for everything
from chefs to mechanics , millions of folk have City &Guilds quals , not just construction trades.

Fair do's...i stand correct. Maybe wording more than alittle off on my part but can definitely see your point.

Maybe if i said using the C&G logo on paperwork/signwiriting is a way to make oneself look good to a potential customer but can be abused by some to give a false impression that a tradesman is better than they actualy are. More logo's used to better they must be sort of thing.

I raised this point as I have seen a few electricians in my area with the logo on their adverts as well as the side of their vans. One guy I compete for business with has a C&G qualification but that's it, yet I know he quotes for notifiable work. I can only assume that he notifies LBC in advance when doing work of this nature....
As some of you have already said, C&G is recognised by many people throughout many industries and services and it seems a bit odd that someone who has sat the 4 day 17th edition course can "appear" more qualified than someone who doesn't use the logo.

thats just because they want a fee, i put it on mine but im unsure to use it.. yes they are recognised by everyone who has been to tech so nearly every family will know. but i guess they want a fee

City and Guilds is a nationally recognised qualification, I would say nearly all Joe Public know the quality of the courses (C&G have a good reputation in general), where as all other logos and BTEC are not well know

Not anymore, These day's they are just another money making organization, geared up to make maximum income from where and whenever they can. They are nothing like the responsible Institute, they once were....

Not anymore, These day's they are just another money making organization, geared up to make maximum income from where and whenever they can. They are nothing like the responsible Institute, they once were....

Quite agree.

Any Tom, Dick or Harry can add any logo to a website and who is there to stop them?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Union of Lancashire and Cheshire Institutes and their coat of arms are on my C&G certificates. They carried some weight unlike the C&G as it is now.

a qualified spark will have c&g certs,normally stuffed in the back of a cupboard somewhere,why anyone needs to put it on a van or paperwork beats me, it doesnt mean your better than another spark with c&g quals,it may mean youve got a 17th cert only and you may be trying to make out your a qualified spark,quite tacky imo,what next on a van,a 50m swimming badge,gold star you got from primary school,milk monitor supervisor degree..:bucktooth:

a qualified spark will have c&g certs,normally stuffed in the back of a cupboard somewhere,why anyone needs to put it on a van or paperwork beats me, it doesnt mean your better than another spark with c&g quals,it may mean youve got a 17th cert only and you may be trying to make out your a qualified spark,quite tacky imo,what next on a van,a 50m swimming badge,gold star you got from primary school,milk monitor supervisor degree..:bucktooth:

Quite a cynical & dismissive outlook you have there alarm man.
Do you have no pride in the qualifications that you've worked hard for ? i know i do.
As for advertising the fact you are C&G qualified , why not if it wins you any work ? just as good a marketing tool as any other logo i can think of.

Quite a cynical & dismissive outlook you have there alarm man.
Do you have no pride in the qualifications that you've worked hard for ? i know i do.
As for advertising the fact you are C&G qualified , why not if it wins you any work ? just as good a marketing tool as any other logo i can think of.

not really,a spark was a spark then,he had c&g quals,no need to advertise them,because everyone knew you had them because you were a spark,these days of the diet spark i can see why some might want to put a full fat label on a diet bottle..

not really,a spark was a spark then,he had c&g quals,no need to advertise them,because everyone knew you had them because you were a spark,these days of the diet spark i can see why some might want to put a full fat label on a diet bottle..

Fair enough , thats youre opinion and youre entitled to make it , but i doubt many people will share your view.

Reply to City & Guilds Logo in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock