Discuss City & Guilds NVQ 2357 Please Help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Oconz

Hello, I have now been on the nvq for about 4 months and haven't been able to do a single unit/outcome due to the incompetence of my nvq assessor to help me :) I am simply wondering if anyone has completed this nvq and have the portfolio so I can have a example to go by. I have completed all the 2330 courses, 17th edition, pat testing, building regs, testing, I have a year working as an electrician experience collecting evidence over the year. I just need an example of the units 311, 312 etc please help.

I honestly don't think by asking for someone else's course work is the correct way to go about things. If you have issues with your assessor then the best advise would be to contact your college with your concerns.

Hello, I have now been on the nvq for about 4 months and haven't been able to do a single unit/outcome due to the incompetence of my nvq assessor to help me :) I am simply wondering if anyone has completed this nvq and have the portfolio so I can have a example to go by. I have completed all the 2330 courses, 17th edition, pat testing, building regs, testing, I have a year working as an electrician experience collecting evidence over the year. I just need an example of the units 311, 312 etc please help.

I did 2356 NVQ3 a few years back now. What is it exactly that you are having trouble with. Be as specific as you can.

Yeah I understand that it is the wrong way to go about it but I have no other choice, i don't want a portfolio to copy I'd find that impossible. I just don't understand how and where to put my evidence that I have collected into the portfolio.

Yeah I understand that it is the wrong way to go about it but I have no other choice, i don't want a portfolio to copy I'd find that impossible. I just don't understand how and where to put my evidence that I have collected into the portfolio.

To be honest, If your assessor is of no help, you are going to have to go over his head to his manager and get some guidance. You should have been shown how the portfolio works and how you gather and submit evidence for assessment.

I already have gone over her head and i went to her boss which used to be my tutor in college. He has no idea about the nvq and just said he'll look into it. All I'm looking for is a folder to help me place my evidence in the right places.

Your Assessor has to sign off each time you evidence a unit. How do you know you have completed a unit successfully without it being checked??

I haven't had a unit completed successfully yet. She has checked a few little things but has sent everything I have put in back. Ps I am using an online portfolio. I'm just getting sick of this nvq it is far too difficult to complete without any help. I need this nvq just to get the ticket you know. With the work I am doing I am able to collect most if not all the evidence I just need an example which she can't give me because no one has completed the nvq under her supervision.

I haven't had a unit completed successfully yet. She has checked a few little things but has sent everything I have put in back. Ps I am using an online portfolio. I'm just getting sick of this nvq it is far too difficult to complete without any help. I need this nvq just to get the ticket you know. With the work I am doing I am able to collect most if not all the evidence I just need an example which she can't give me because no one has completed the nvq under her supervision.

Online portfolio is a good system. Basically the way it works is you attach evidence and write up what you did. Then you submit it to assessor. He/She will then review it and accept it or return it with advice. Post up a unit if you want an example.

I'll take the first unit for example how would I put each of these outcomes down on paper.

Unit aim
This unit is designed to enable learners to develop the skills and apply the relevant knowledge
associated with health and safety legislation, practices and procedures when installing and
maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment.

Learning outcomes
1. Be able to apply relevant health and safety legislation in the workplace
2. Be able to assess the work environment for hazards and identify remedial actions in
accordance with health and safety legislation
3. Be able to apply methods and procedures to ensure work on site is in accordance with health
and safety legislation
4. Be able to apply procedures to deal with and report health and safety in accordance with
health and safety legislation

Total Docs: 0 Be able to apply relevant Health and Safety legislation in the workplace
Assessment Criteria
0 1.. identify which workplace Health and Safety procedures are relevant to the working environment and comply with their duties and obligations as defined by current legislation and organisational procedures
0 2.. produce a risk assessment and method statement in accordance with organisational procedures and the limits of their responsibility
0 3a.. work within the requirements of: risk assessments
1 3b.. work within the requirements of: method statements
0 3c.. work within the requirements of: safe systems of work.
Element Reviewed and Returned
Lisa Stigwood 12/02/14
Total Docs: 1 Be able to assess the work environment for hazards and identify remedial actions in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
Assessment Criteria
1 1.. identify unsafe situations and conditions and take remedial actions
0 2a.. assess the work environment and revise work practices accordingly to take into account hazards which could cause harm, including the handling of potentially hazardous: materials
0 2b.. assess the work environment and revise work practices accordingly to take into account hazards which could cause harm, including the handling of potentially hazardous: tools
0 2c.. assess the work environment and revise work practices accordingly to take into account hazards which could cause harm, including the handling of potentially hazardous: equipment.
0 3.. identify any hazards which may present a high risk and report their presence to relevant persons who have overall responsibility for Health and Safety in the workplace
0 4.. apply measures to control Health and Safety hazards in accordance with the limits of their capabilities and job responsibility
0 5.. select and use correct personal protective equipment and protection measures to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others in the work environment.
Started
Total Docs: 0 Be able to apply methods and procedures to ensure work on site is in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
Assessment Criteria
0 1.. demonstrate personal conduct and behaviour around the workplace, to ensure that the Health and Safety of themselves and others is not endangered
0 2a.. apply procedures to ensure the safe use, maintenance and storage of tools, plant and equipment as stipulated in: workplace policies (company and site)
0 2b.. apply procedures to ensure the safe use, maintenance and storage of tools, plant and equipment as stipulated in: supplier information
0 2c.. apply procedures to ensure the safe use, maintenance and storage of tools, plant and equipment as stipulated in: manufacturer’s instructions
0 3.. comply with hazard warning, mandatory instruction and prohibition notices
0 4.. apply procedures to ensure the safety of the work location through the correct use of guards and notices
0 5.. use access equipment correctly.
Not Started
Total Docs: 0 Be able to apply procedures to deal with and report Health and Safety in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
Assessment Criteria
2 1.. demonstrate the correct procedures to follow in the event of injury to themselves or others.

Here is a couple of examples from mine. 1. Q. You carry out an assessment of risks on the site to comply with health and safety regulations and other relevant legislation. A. I carried out a risk assesment of the areas to be worked in. These works were carried out in offices over a weekend so no other staff were present. Also carried out safe isolation procedure for of which i have attached. 2 Q. You plan a safe system of work and agree it with the relevant person(s) A. As we were working on multiple circuits it was agreed with the office manager that the area which we were working would be isolated for the duration of the works. As the offices were closed this caused them no disruption to there work.

for example your 301.101 would be something like. I located health and safety policy of Adam's Shoe Shop and read it's contents. I made myself aware of fire exits and who was first aider. I would not apply the same policy if I was working in a factory as different health and safety would apply. - The H&S ones are a bit of a pain in the arse. The later units are more interesting.

I found this info online but it only states what each unit is and the expectations/requirements for each one.

Units - NVQ 2357.COM

I am 2 units away from starting the log book and i haven't seen it yet as my own tutor is keeping hold of it until i finish the 309.

If i find anything else i will post it on here for you.

Trev :)

4 months..... With respect; think you're looking WAY to far ahead. Trying to touch the portfolio early is a great idea but thats what the 3rd year is for not the 1st.

Concentrate on the assignments that they will be giving you in due course, of which first is 301 health n safety i believe.

4 months..... With respect; think you're looking WAY to far ahead. Trying to touch the portfolio early is a great idea but thats what the 3rd year is for not the 1st.

Concentrate on the assignments that they will be giving you in due course, of which first is 301 health n safety i believe.

Poult, if your referring to me i am actually now in my third year so getting started early is exactly what i'm looking to do. if not it's cool man i know the script. :)

No bud ;-) towards the OP as he is in only 1st year and just trying to do too much at once. Plus the college assessor has other years which need him MORE than a 1st year.

We knows the script ;-)

the problem I only see, is you need to be working in the trade if you are that's ok, you should write up on current job where you nvq person can see the work, and they can take some photos and write off some units for you, I did the nvq 3 years ago and burned it when I passed so all my write ups are gone lol

Reply to City & Guilds NVQ 2357 Please Help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net