Discuss City & Guilds in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

amberleaf

Final circuits exceeding 32A in agricultural premises , should be protected by ( my answer is 100mA
City & Guilds ( are asking 300mA
Exam simulator 2382 – 10 & 20
Is it me who’s thick or what !

( ii ) in final circuits supplying sockets-outlets with rated current mort than 32A , an RCD with rated
Residual operating current not exceeding 100mA

300mA is the max for fire protection in an agricultural insallation
300mA for TT system with RA of 166 ohms
705.411.1 (ii) as you say 100mA
is that the question as it reads is it a 2391 question with a twist to it

City & Guilds question * Final circuits exceeding 32A in agricultural premises , should be protected by ?
705.411.1 ( ii ) ( my answer is 100mA

* City & Guilds ( this is the question they ask me word-word

City & Guilds ( you need to be a Philadelphia Lawyer to under stand there

City & Guilds ( there answer is 300mA

ill take it to be ? circuits exceeding ? stands for currents more than

City & Guilds move there words around a lot ? white could be black

Last edited by a moderator:
City and Guilds are well known for wording questions in a difficult way, so you must make sure you take a bit of time reading it so that you understand the question.

Hey mate.

City & Guilds are being really cheeky here.

The reg states that -

(i) Any final circuit supplying socket outlets not exceeding 32A must be protected by 30mA RCD.

(ii) Any final cicuit supplying socket outlests exceeding 32A must be protected by 100mA RCD.

(iii) In all other final circuits i.e, not socket outlet circuits then it must be protected by 300mA RCD

So in answer to your question I would say that as they dont mention a socket in example (i) the answer is 300mA.

In example (ii) your answer is correct as it states socket outlets exceeding 32A therefore 100mA.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your help
am going to telephone City & Guilds : as any persons sitting this exam will get a mark off this question
ps my next electrical degree will be paper red 007 word analyst extraordinary

Reply to City & Guilds in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock