Discuss CJR Electrical - really poor workmanship video in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You are correct they won’t accept any New members but existing members can renew they membership....with all calls being made to stroma

Double socket in a Tupperware box!

give me strength.

ive seen this in practice. EICR at local pub... metalclad single socket in the beer garden, inside a metal biscuit tin, screwed to a wall
as long as the biscuit tin is IP55 or better, what's the problem?

I think anyone who posts their work on YouTube has to make sure it is perfect or expect flack.
CJR posted a video a while ago where he was wiring up a garden building. He then went back and ripped it all out and did it again as he had obviously had feedback that what he had done was wrong.
Fair play he held his hands up, but why put it on YouTube???
There is a saying “it’s best to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you’re an idiot than open it and remove all doubt!”
View: https://youtu.be/P_0CKDdxI3w

I agree fair play to him but the situation should never have occurred in the first place. Earthing the armour should be fundamental knowledge.

Haven't seen that video. Was the install done without earthing the armour? A bit worrying. What if nobody had given him the heads up, would it still be like it?

Haven't seen that video. Was the install done without earthing the armour? A bit worrying. What if nobody had given him the heads up, would it still be like it?
There was a thread on here about it but can't find it but yes he taped up the armour and I believe he said it is now like NYY.

I notice on his latest video that the NICEIC logo doesn't appear on his t-shirt.

I checked the NICEIC website and he is not listed there.

Was he kicked out of the Domestic Installer Scheme?

Reply to CJR Electrical - really poor workmanship video in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock