Discuss CJR Electrical - really poor workmanship video in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Because regularly posting videos on YouTube is essential to being successful on, and making money from, YouTube.

Posting regularly, getting lots of comments, having lots of views and getting lots of subscribers shows that the YouTube channel is popular and active so will attract better sponsors, get more advertising revenue etc.

I appreciate that Dave, but what is the point in making a few quid from YouTube if you cannot get any work because everyone thinks you don’t know what you’re doing. You will hardly be able to retire on the proceeds especially if you have no new content to post.

I appreciate that Dave, but what is the point in making a few quid from YouTube if you cannot get any work because everyone thinks you don’t know what you’re doing. You will hardly be able to retire on the proceeds especially if you have no new content to post.
Think he's after a 2020 oscar nomination? D******d Of The Year, maybe.
...to help pay for his 2019 Vivaro.

Once you get to the 300K Range of subscribers That’s when you can take the YouTube game seriously. A bloke I watch has just ditched his full time job as at 358K subscribers he can make more money making videos. Also these people make money through live streams and Donations. Apparently said guy is making Twice his
Annual salary and was an “Electrical engineer” based in the UK.

Once you get to the 300K Range of subscribers That’s when you can take the YouTube game seriously. A bloke I watch has just ditched his full time job as at 358K subscribers he can make more money making videos. Also these people make money through live streams and Donations. Apparently said guy is making Twice his
Annual salary and was an “Electrical engineer” based in the UK.

YouTube is a fickle master, they have a habbit of just banning creators and your job/income and years of graft would be gone over night.

Young Chris came up on my Instagram feed the other day so I had a nose. Its quite clear the blokes a plumber, builder, painter and all round good egg. Not great with a stanley blade tho :oops::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

In his latest youtube instalment he does a bit of a van / tool kit tour.
he has a little chuckle when he Loads his plumbers bag into the van.
im still not sure if he is a plumber , handyman or sparks...

Did someone the other day ask how much you tubers could potentially earn....

Social blade is a website that gives estimations of earnings from social media, a lot of content creators make more from Patreon donations than YouTube adds. There is a Canadian engineer called AvE that makes about $40K/m from Patron alone.

You can see an estimation of CJR here

CJR Electrical - really poor workmanship video 1597064996483 - EletriciansForums.net

That's because the guy is a firkin genius and stupid like a fox!

He's the only YouTuber I actually contribute to on patreon.

I don’t know if he’s a genius but he’s entertaining and appears to be a fairly well versed mechanical/manufacturing engineer. I’d assume he’s a mechie that’s done a degree, certainly appears to have a fair bit of practical experience.

Always interesting to watch a guy with a passion for what he does. Not sure what he’ll do when Patreon implodes as it looks likely too soon after recent court rulings.

I don’t know if he’s a genius but he’s entertaining and appears to be a fairly well versed mechanical/manufacturing engineer. I’d assume he’s a mechie that’s done a degree, certainly appears to have a fair bit of practical experience.

Always interesting to watch a guy with a passion for what he does. Not sure what he’ll do when Patreon implodes as it looks likely too soon after recent court rulings.

I get the impression his background is hydraulics.

I suspect he'll carry on making money however he can, the guy has skills so he'll always be able to make money.

I suspect he'll carry on making money however he can, the guy has skills so he'll always be able to make money.

Fairly sure his background wasn't in hydraulics as his knowledge of the subject is decent, but far from comprehensive. He has an impressively broad knowledge of most engineering fields and gives me the impression of having worked in many industries.

Yeah, my guess would be some sort of makers man for heave equipment with a mechanical bias. There is a fair bit of surface mining in that part of the world.

Some of the content on YouTube knocks the socks off broadcast TV.

Lol I've only just seen this. 2 questions, who is he and where is the thread @westward10 you horrible sod where you wish him harm
I thought for a minute cjr was Murdoch.

Is he a regular member

Reply to CJR Electrical - really poor workmanship video in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock