Discuss Claiming on panel warranty (axitec - 2014) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Im attempting to claim under warranty for an Axitec 250w, contacted Axitec, their response was
You wrote that the modules are from 2014, so that can not be AXITEC Energy modules.
Axitec Energy was founded in autumn 2015.
Unfortunately I cannot offer support in this case.

In this case, it will certainly be helpful to contact Krannich and tell them that you have contacted Axitec Energy with your request. But we rejected it because it can't be Axitec Energy modules.

Has anyone else experienced these issue, if so how did they get around this? I'm assuming they have started up as a new company in 2015, but most sources online say they have been trading since 2001.

Got any of your original paperwork by any chance? Did you have the panels installed or have you purchased a property with them already installed?

Say you got your dates wrong and you meant autumn 2015 see what they say? Lol

Wouldn't surprise me to hear they changed their name or went from sole trader to ltd. Or even the other way around.

A massive issue with the government encouraging a short term boom with kick backs and whatnot. It was always going to attract the dodgy firms who chase grants and whatnot.

Have you tried companies house to see what they have record wise on their company and directors etc?

Got any of your original paperwork by any chance? Did you have the panels installed or have you purchased a property with them already installed?
Thanks for the reply Dan, I'm helping someone who doesnt have access to emails. All original paperwork is available.

I edited my post after posting it so there's a bit more there now if you scroll up.

What's the name on the original paperwork? That's the company liable for the warranty I guess. If it matches, no matter what the structure of the company has it surely has to stand if the company is still running in some form.

Who is Krannich?

I edited my post after posting it so there's a bit more there now if you scroll up.

What's the name on the original paperwork? That's the company liable for the warranty I guess. If it matches, no matter what the structure of the company has it surely has to stand if the company is still running in some form.

Who is Krannich?
All of the information seems to point to the company I contacted 'axitec' who are now claiming they were formed in 2015 (even though info online says 2001) seems like they have set up discreetly under a new company to possibly avoid situations like the one I find myself in now. Purchasing a new panel isnt too much of an issue, but always worth trying to claim under warranty first. Had a similar response from Samsung when claiming for a different system, some manufacters are really good though

You can generally search companies house for start and end dates but if they've switched to avoid warranties they're going to try wriggle out of it I regardless I would suspect.

I aren't on my laptop else I would do some digging around but some of the systems I use aren't mobile friendly so can't search them all.

My mate is an accountant with a big firm too and I usually send him names and he digs up all sorts not on companies house. We have clocked a few firms via him for forum members before. Usually ones touting for work or scamming training centres mind. Not had a solar firm need be checked that deep yet.

Keep us posted. :)

You can generally search companies house for start and end dates but if they've switched to avoid warranties they're going to try wriggle out of it I regardless I would suspect.

I aren't on my laptop else I would do some digging around but some of the systems I use aren't mobile friendly so can't search them all.

My mate is an accountant with a big firm too and I usually send him names and he digs up all sorts not on companies house. We have clocked a few firms via him for forum members before. Usually ones touting for work or scamming training centres mind. Not had a solar firm need be checked that deep yet.

Keep us posted. :)
Axitec are a german company, so I'm not sure they would be on company house, but id imagine that if I keep searching I will find something, I've spent a few hours this afternoon, but nothing so far, will keep you posted if I find anything. Thanks

We've never installed Axitec but I checked my emails and Krannich were distributing this brand in February 2012 as I have a marketing email from them which says:

AXITEC modules now have a 12 year guarantee
AXITEC GmbH now guaranties for a period of 12 years that series AC PV modules are free from deficiencies relating to the material and workmanship.

Since 2001, AXITEC customers have been relying on the high quality and performance standards. Founded in 2001, AXITEC quickly established itself in the market and now supplies modules from locations all over Europe and Asia. The company aims to offer the ‘perfect’ module in terms of price, quality and efficiency.

To view the AXITEC product range currently available from Krannich Solar, download datasheets, etc.

For the latest AXITEC prices and availability please call 01189 668282

Last edited by a moderator:
We've never installed Axitec but I checked my emails and Krannich were distributing this brand in February 2012 as I have a marketing email from them which says:

AXITEC modules now have a 12 year guarantee
AXITEC GmbH now guaranties for a period of 12 years that series AC PV modules are free from deficiencies relating to the material and workmanship.

Since 2001, AXITEC customers have been relying on the high quality and performance standards. Founded in 2001, AXITEC quickly established itself in the market and now supplies modules from locations all over Europe and Asia. The company aims to offer the ‘perfect’ module in terms of price, quality and efficiency.

To view the AXITEC product range currently available from Krannich Solar, download datasheets, etc.

For the latest AXITEC prices and availability please call 01189 668282

Thank you for your post. It seems that Axitec gmbH has been 'sold' in 2015, and Axitec energy are now trading from the same location...seems dodgy to me. Looks like ive lost this battle haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Claiming on panel warranty (axitec - 2014) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock