Discuss clarkson evans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Raj B

Hi all,

I've been offered to continue my apprenticeship with Clarkson Evans. Does anybody know whether the apprentices get a company van?

just tell them you won't even consider taking their offer unless you get a van. tell them you also want use of the company learjet and three weeks a year at the beachfront villa in barbados. oh, and unfettered access to the typing pool totty.

Prepare to work really hard and be taken back to the Victorian era where people are worked till they drop all the work is price work and you get treated badly from what I have been told by people who have worked for them it works on a points system, most sparks would want a good wage fair that's all

To be honest it was a big day for us as apprentices when we were handed our first tools. As tools go it wasn't much, a couple of screwdrivers, long nosed pliers and wire cutters all contained in a nice leather pouch but it was like a coming of age thing where we knew could get more hands-on rather than just watching and making notes. The vehicle only came a couple of years later.

Im an apprentice not a f, ing tea boy engineers at my current work place know about that and I wont hesitate to tell anyone at clarkson evans. As for my original question I don't understand why people get so arse hurt over a simple question. The reason I asked is because I know apprentices at British gas are provided with a van. Thanks for the advise cornishboy and thanks Marvo

Im an apprentice not a f, ing tea boy engineers at my current work place know about that and I wont hesitate to tell anyone at clarkson evans. As for my original question I don't understand why people get so arse hurt over a simple question. The reason I asked is because I know apprentices at British gas are provided with a van. Thanks for the advise cornishboy and thanks Marvo

With that kind of attitude, I would start looking for somewhere else to continue your apprenticeship after Clarkson Evans, as you possibly wont be there for very long.

Looks like you will make a good electrician once you get that big Bl00dy chip off your shoulder . When I started my time I was given 6 weeks to get a 1st year toolkit together and then get 2 buses to the job and you are hell bent on not making a cup o tea mmmmmm

Looks like you will make a good electrician once you get that big Bl00dy chip off your shoulder . When I started my time I was given 6 weeks to get a 1st year toolkit together and then get 2 buses to the job and you are hell bent on not making a cup o tea mmmmmm
Yes I am. Its just the way I am thank u very much

Raj making the tea as an apprentice is not a put down I was quite proud to do it as it taught me humility but at the same time if I was in 3rd year and a 2nd year turned up then he or she had to do it . I think you will find in all cultures there is a pecking order a but with that attitude don't be surprised if you get shown the door as you dont have a god given right to be treated as an equal that happens when you become a fully qualified electrician

Any new member of a team has to work at settling in and getting accepted (whether it's a building site, call centre or anywhere else); the existing team members/organisation are sorted and as the newbie you have to fit in, not the other way round. When you have been accepted (on THEIR terms) you can expect to be treated as an equal and get the things everyone else does. Before worrying whether you will get a van, do all the existing team get vans, the journeymen let alone the apprentices?

And if you're not prepared to make the tea, then whoever does make it could put all sorts of things in your mug ....

PJ

I don't drink tea me self so I definitely won't make it for others who have hands and are capable of doing it themselves. This is how my attitude has been in my current work place and I haven't been shown the door. I'll only carry out my duties at work as per my employment contract states.

Reply to clarkson evans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net