Discuss Class 1 or 2 ‐----------- in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

First glance is it is Class 1. But often the original power connector can provide a Class 2. Any other labels on the downlight?

What is hateful is the crap wiring to the black connectors at the ceiling. Not compliant to have the inner sleeves outside an enclosure.

If those are 230v lamps, I think someone’s done a “no-one will know” moment and used twin flex that was maybe on the 12v side of a transformer… took the tranny out, reused the cables to carry mains voltage, rather than run in new t&e

If you’re changing the lights, you need to have a cpc at each point anyway even if the fittings themselves don’t need one… so it’s an opportunity now to rewire it.

Reply to Class 1 or 2 ‐----------- in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am a new PAT tester for a school, and I am stuck testing a plasma globe. It has a two core wire going to it, but no class 2 mark on the...
Replies
Views
What is best practice when unable to access a plug on a class 1 appliance. Specifically a washing machine in this instance. There is also no...
Replies
Views
Hi, can a 60a AC disconnect fuse box with 2 class K busman 50amp fuse work as a disconnect near the outlet ? Or would it need to be an actual...
Replies
Views
If you were to test a metal staircase on the side of the house on insulation resistance and it gave you a dead short. Would that need bonding...
Replies
Views
I trained as a electrician in the 70s but have long since retired. Just had an EICR test done on my property in advance of selling. I have a 60s...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock