Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Class 1 Wiring Query in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ariesr

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I have a CD Player connected via Class 1 wiring (at the back of the unit) to a line interface unit which then goes into a RJ45 port on my PBX

Line Interface Unit is shown below
PAM10 Barrier Box -

This is all setup for playing music when people are put on hold

The CD unit is now showing signs of age, so has to be replaced. I was wondering if I could simply solder the 2 wires coming out of the back of the old CD unit to a stereo connector which could simply be plugged into the new CD unit?

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
S

Spudmiester

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The PAM10 box is basically an impedance matching transformer which also acts as an earth loop isolator, stopping any hum being induced in the audio line.

what you need to do is yes, chop the wires from the CD player, (sounds like an old one if they are permanently fixed), solder on a pair of RCA phono plugs (available from any half decent electronics shop or RS components), and plug them into the line outs on the new CD player and it should work !!

A

ariesr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Spudmeister, thank you for the quick reply. That clears this issue up. :)

Reply to Class 1 Wiring Query in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom