CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss cleaning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dingledong

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

have polished chrome sockets and switches . the painter has put masking tape on them so he can paint them , they are of the wall .
got the tape of but they are very sticky still and marked any idea what will take it of without damaging the chrome finish ???

M

Mark_Burgess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nail varnish remover, proper "sticky stuff" remover (I can get from local hardware store is labelled as that) or try meths.

None of the above will damage the finish.

D

derek preece

We often use a bit of white spirit on a tissue, probably best to test it on an inconspicuous area first though.

M

MarkieSparkie

Most of the heavy duty industrial wipes remove adhesive safely. An alternative is lighter fuel on a soft cloth or paper towel, it removes adhesive easily and evaporates quickly to leave a clean surface.

B

beaver74

I find furniture polish will get of tape residue

G

Guest123

Acetone (nail varnish remover).

have polished chrome sockets and switches . the painter has put masking tape on them so he can paint them , they are of the wall .
got the tape of but they are very sticky still and marked any idea what will take it of without damaging the chrome finish ???

Get that bloody painter back and make him clean it!!! I hate having other trades make more work for me!

V

vernam616

Get that bloody painter back and make him clean it!!! I hate having other trades make more work for me!
Better than trying to scrape dried paint off

This is a easy fix with many options mentioned above, i always carry them industrial wipes in the van for such occurances, even things like when trunking gets marked, wipes pull most things off

D

dingledong

thank you you wonderful lot really helpful yet again

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to cleaning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom