Discuss cleaning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dingledong

have polished chrome sockets and switches . the painter has put masking tape on them so he can paint them , they are of the wall .
got the tape of but they are very sticky still and marked any idea what will take it of without damaging the chrome finish ???

Nail varnish remover, proper "sticky stuff" remover (I can get from local hardware store is labelled as that) or try meths.

None of the above will damage the finish.

We often use a bit of white spirit on a tissue, probably best to test it on an inconspicuous area first though.

Most of the heavy duty industrial wipes remove adhesive safely. An alternative is lighter fuel on a soft cloth or paper towel, it removes adhesive easily and evaporates quickly to leave a clean surface.

cleaning {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

That should shift it without to much problems.........though you may need to get the painter back in again

have polished chrome sockets and switches . the painter has put masking tape on them so he can paint them , they are of the wall .
got the tape of but they are very sticky still and marked any idea what will take it of without damaging the chrome finish ???

Get that bloody painter back and make him clean it!!! I hate having other trades make more work for me!

Get that bloody painter back and make him clean it!!! I hate having other trades make more work for me!

Better than trying to scrape dried paint off

This is a easy fix with many options mentioned above, i always carry them industrial wipes in the van for such occurances, even things like when trunking gets marked, wipes pull most things off

Flyspray. Spray onto a rag until wet and gently wipe the adhesive.

Reply to cleaning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock