Discuss Climate Change is not alone, changers on the way in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,ClimateChange.,.,.,.,.,

Below is what I have found. You can do the math​

Globally, crude's reserves-to-production ratio has hovered between 40-55 years. (Then the well runs dry)

How Much Oil Does the World Have Left? - https://tinyurl.com/yd7cfczq
https://tinyurl.com/yd7cfczqv

The above is saying, all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within 40-55 years.

What so many people fail re realize is the there are two (2) dynamics going on here
which on the surface seem unrelated which is our biggest mistake

World Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels

47 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
World Oil Statistics - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

This means, at current consumption all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned in 47 years.

This may not concern you because you will not be around then; but your grandchildren will !!

Fighting climate change and discovering new renewable energy resources are fighting to achieve the same thing. The survival of the human race.

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?

I think it is time for us to look around at other countries who see the end of oil around the corner----------------

China plans ban on petrol and diesel cars

China looks at ending sales of gasoline cars

China to ban all petrol and diesel cars

China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 | Reuters
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-energy-renewables/china-to-plow-361-billion-into-renewable-fuel-by-2020-idUSKBN14P06P

(a Berlin-based think tank) and Clean Energy Wire (an associated communications team) announced that renewable electricity “probably” covered more than 90 percent of power demand at 58 GW for a couple of hours on Sunday. Germany nearly reached 100 percent renewable power on Sunday | Energy Transition - https://tinyurl.com/mm9zkt7

People are cutting the use of fossil fuels and learning how to use renewables when in fact at current consumption rates the world well suck up and burn all known reserves in 40-50 years.

Then what?

I remember when i was a kid and the Amazon was going to disappear 'within ten years'.

The whole climate change thing is simply to introduce the real digital age with new levy's and taxes.

You don't honestly think those at that G20 conference actually care about the planet do you? Like according to everyone Boris is a massive liar except when he's talking about COVID and co2? This is an agenda with political ends not philanthropic ones.

I also find it highly amusing when people who live in concrete houses on tarmacced roads in concrete cities waffle on about 'the planet'. During the height of COVID we saw what real minimal carbon footprint living was all about - people didn't go to work, people stopped commuting, everyone shopped locally, nobody was flying anywhere. So what did we do? Did we celebrate the fact that 'polluting airlines' were about to go bust? Nope, we moaned about the economy and bailed them out.

All a load of bollox that i for one don't really care about. My carbon footprint doesn't concern me.

A company owned by Jaguar Landrover called 'Dovu' are creating 'carbon credits' though where their plan is to make everyone take on their own personal 'carbon debt' with rewards and penalties depending on their footprint. If the potential consequences of schemes like that don't scare you then nothing will.

Remember this: if someone was raping your children you would demand they stopped, you wouldn't tell them it's ok to continue as long as they pay up every time they do it.

Replace 'children' with 'planet' and you'll see why the real point is to make people pay more taxes under the guise of 'protecting the planet' when in reality the powers would just make people stop doing what they're doing if they really cared. They wouldn't simply allow it to continue as long as you pay for it.

When I was a kid there actually was people with sandwich boards saying "The end of the world is nigh!"
i went to NIgh but could not find the end of the world.

anyway cows farting methane (25 x more damaging than CO2) is a bigger issue. let's bring all cows into barns. fit extractor fans in roofs, liquify and store the methane , pipe to distribution tanks fo all who still have gas C/H. gas shortage solved.

Climate change is real, the question is what is the "main" cause of it. The Earth has a long history of climate change, long before industrialised humans.

Some argue that industrialised humans are the main cause, some argue that we have just accelerated an inevitable change. Others argue that its all a ruse to increase taxes and make money. I suspect its a combination of acceleration and money making tactics.

Regardless of carbon footprints, investing in future alternative energy sources is a good thing, fossil fuels will run out at some point but this shouldn't be the driving force. The driving force should be that we want, as a technological advancing species, to continue to improve explore and progress.

Technology however will be either our route to survival or our route to extinction, but we shouldn't fear the unknowns, we should just try and prepare for anticipated eventualities or possibilities.

What if everyone stopped smoking cigarettes? How much pollution would that stop?

(Says he, sitting in his van with the engine running…)

I do believe however that even if the most technologically advanced countries on the planet do as much as they possibly can to counter climate change, there are still developing countries that cannot afford to “go green”….
Will our carbon savings outweigh there consumption?

The aliens will destroy us before we see any meaningful change.

I remember when i was a kid and the Amazon was going to disappear 'within ten years'.

The whole climate change thing is simply to introduce the real digital age with new levy's and taxes.

You don't honestly think those at that G20 conference actually care about the planet do you? Like according to everyone Boris is a massive liar except when he's talking about COVID and co2? This is an agenda with political ends not philanthropic ones.

I also find it highly amusing when people who live in concrete houses on tarmacced roads in concrete cities waffle on about 'the planet'. During the height of COVID we saw what real minimal carbon footprint living was all about - people didn't go to work, people stopped commuting, everyone shopped locally, nobody was flying anywhere. So what did we do? Did we celebrate the fact that 'polluting airlines' were about to go bust? Nope, we moaned about the economy and bailed them out.

All a load of bollox that i for one don't really care about. My carbon footprint doesn't concern me.

A company owned by Jaguar Landrover called 'Dovu' are creating 'carbon credits' though where their plan is to make everyone take on their own personal 'carbon debt' with rewards and penalties depending on their footprint. If the potential consequences of schemes like that don't scare you then nothing will.

Remember this: if someone was raping your children you would demand they stopped, you wouldn't tell them it's ok to continue as long as they pay up every time they do it.

Replace 'children' with 'planet' and you'll see why the real point is to make people pay more taxes under the guise of 'protecting the planet' when in reality the powers would just make people stop doing what they're doing if they really cared. They wouldn't simply allow it to continue as long as you pay for it.
You do make a point, we cant have it both ways.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,ClimateChange.,.,.,.,.,

Below is what I have found. You can do the math​

Globally, crude's reserves-to-production ratio has hovered between 40-55 years. (Then the well runs dry)

How Much Oil Does the World Have Left? - https://tinyurl.com/yd7cfczq
https://tinyurl.com/yd7cfczqv

The above is saying, all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within 40-55 years.

What so many people fail re realize is the there are two (2) dynamics going on here
which on the surface seem unrelated which is our biggest mistake

World Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels

47 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
World Oil Statistics - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

This means, at current consumption all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned in 47 years.

This may not concern you because you will not be around then; but your grandchildren will !!

Fighting climate change and discovering new renewable energy resources are fighting to achieve the same thing. The survival of the human race.

I think it is time for us to look around at other countries who see the end of oil around the corner----------------

China plans ban on petrol and diesel cars

China looks at ending sales of gasoline cars

China to ban all petrol and diesel cars

China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 | Reuters
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-energy-renewables/china-to-plow-361-billion-into-renewable-fuel-by-2020-idUSKBN14P06P

(a Berlin-based think tank) and Clean Energy Wire (an associated communications team) announced that renewable electricity “probably” covered more than 90 percent of power demand at 58 GW for a couple of hours on Sunday. Germany nearly reached 100 percent renewable power on Sunday | Energy Transition - https://tinyurl.com/mm9zkt7

People are cutting the use of fossil fuels and learning how to use renewables when in fact at current consumption rates the world well suck up and burn all known reserves in 40-50 years.

Then what?

You link to China banning production of petrol and diesel cars, but we are also doing the same, as are most countries. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone now.

I don't think I've ever been deliberately rude on this forum before, but you sound like a complete idiot.
Because i don't think Boris Johnson and his ilk genuinely care about the planet and therefore any 'solution' they come up with on that pretext which costs me more money makes me suspicious of their real motives?

Right you are mate.

You better get off the internet though on account of all those hundreds of millions of miles of cable that were mined for and then disturbed greenspace whilst being put in by people driving diesel vans, you absolute hypocrite.

Last edited:
You do make a point, we cant have it both ways.
Climate change is real, the question is what is the "main" cause of it. The Earth has a long history of climate change, long before industrialised humans.

Some argue that industrialised humans are the main cause, some argue that we have just accelerated an inevitable change. Others argue that its all a ruse to increase taxes and make money. I suspect its a combination of acceleration and money making tactics.

Regardless of carbon footprints, investing in future alternative energy sources is a good thing, fossil fuels will run out at some point but this shouldn't be the driving force. The driving force should be that we want, as a technological advancing species, to continue to improve explore and progress.

Technology however will be either our route to survival or our route to extinction, but we shouldn't fear the unknowns, we should just try and prepare for anticipated eventualities or possibilities.
When i lived in France, Macron put up fuel prices because 'planet is dying' and told those who live 20 miles from the nearest 1-bus-per-day bus stop that they should be using those instead.

Definitely not about money, definitely because Macron, Johnson, Merkel etc all deeply care about the planet. That's why they all walked to the G20 summit.

Or maybe ask Attenbrough. I really like the piece Radio 2 did on him the other day where they revealed he is the most travelled human in history shortly before airing a clip of him telling us all how evil we are for polluting the planet.

I guess he must have massive arms from all the rowing he did to and from his shot locations.

Last edited:
Bloody hell…. Let’s all just have a pop at ELECTED leaders of government for being hypocrites.

These people are trying their best to do right, and get knocked at every opportunity.

So what if they didn’t all walk to Glasgow… let’s just ground all aircraft, shut down the roads and live in recyclable cardboard houses.

Whatever policy they put forward, it’s inevitable we’ll have to pay…. But to assume prime ministers or presidents of any country will directly profit from it is just yet another conspiracy theory.

Bloody hell…. Let’s all just have a pop at ELECTED leaders of government for being hypocrites.

These people are trying their best to do right, and get knocked at every opportunity.

So what if they didn’t all walk to Glasgow… let’s just ground all aircraft, shut down the roads and live in recyclable cardboard houses.

Whatever policy they put forward, it’s inevitable we’ll have to pay…. But to assume prime ministers or presidents of any country will directly profit from it is just yet another conspiracy theory.

I must admit I don't like all these generalisations. We've heard on this forum that all colleges are rubbish, all lecturers are rubbish, all building companies can't do electrics, all MPs are in it for the money, everybody think Boris is lying. Those are pretty wide and very inaccurate things to come out with frankly.

You link to China banning production of petrol and diesel cars, but we are also doing the same, as are most countries. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone now.

Boris was first leader to put a date on banning the sale of new petrol & diesel cars.

Not going to comment on the hows or whys, but thought it was worth mentioning in relation to the OP.

Last edited:
Oil has been running out in 40 years for the last 40 years.

Peak oil was originally supposed to happen around 20 years ago. It didn’t.

Where are all these crackpot posts coming from lately
Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels after aquir-ing Unocal reserves

An Oil Enigma: Production Falls Even as Reserves Rise
"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"

Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).
World oil and gas 'running out'

The Oil Crunch
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply. But when will it hap-pen? Maybe it already has.

"Texas' oil resource is pretty well picked over,"

Oman's Oil Yield Long in Decline, Shell Data Show

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.

Tight Oil Supply Won't Ease Soon

Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

https://www.------------/Vox/videos/vox-netflix-the-end-of-oil-explained/831355490860719/

:)-

Oil has been running out in 40 years for the last 40 years.

Peak oil was originally supposed to happen around 20 years ago. It didn’t.

Where are all these crackpot posts coming from lately
Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels after aquir-ing Unocal reserves

"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"

Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).

The Oil Crunch
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply. But when will it hap-pen? Maybe it already has.

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.

Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

https://www.------------/Vox/videos/vox-netflix-the-end-of-oil-explained/831355490860719/

The Oil Crunch

Electrical Blog - Electrical Advice | Free Electricians Advice Forum - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/Vox/videos/vox-netflix-the-end-of-oil-explained/831355490860719/

The Oil Crunch

Electrical Blog - Electrical Advice | Free Electricians Advice Forum - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/Vox/videos/vox-netflix-the-end-of-oil-explained/831355490860719/

Check the figures for the oil/gas and the solar/wind contribution to the national grid's output. The change has been pretty big over recent years. I think the world already knows about the problems of using coal/oil/gas - your figures are not exactly a revelation!!

In terms of "it's going to run out", no it's not. What happens is that when there's "enough" known reserves of oil & gas, companies stop exploring for more - why spend money looking for something you don't need and won't get any payback for ? As known reserves get used, then eventually the equation tips the other way and companies start looking for more.
OK, very simplistic, but basically reserves ebb and flow - as they go down there's an incentive to find more, when they go up the incentive disappears, and the net result is that we always seem to have "around 40 years left" - there was "40 years left" some 50 years ago ?
Also, in practical terms we tend to use the easy (and hence cheap) to extract reserves. If they become really scarce then costs will go up and it'll be worth going for the more expensive to extract ones.

I suspect that IF (and it is a big IF there) we manage to get a big enough excess of no-CO2 energy supplies, then oil usage will really dwindle as there are ways of making synthetic hydrocarbons from (again, in simplistic terms) lecky and water (which between them can make clean hydrogen), and atmospheric CO2. But until we have an excess of zero-CO2 lecky, the carbon budget doesn't work out in our favour. We've "some way" to go on an excess of zero CO2 lecky, let alone an excess of zero CO2 energy.

Reply to Climate Change is not alone, changers on the way in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock