Discuss Clipped Direct in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigd

I have a customer who needs sockets installing in a studio. He uses the studio for office work, storage and conferences. he wants the cheapest option for the sockets (don't they always) and is happy for the cable to be clipped direct to the walls. I was thinking one large ring final and a new mini consumer unit with RCD protection.

Are there any special considerations with regards to 'clipped direct' cables?

agree with murdoch. use mini- trunking, or even dado trunking could make a neat job. don't forget, his family/frinds/associates will probably see the job. you don't want to be associated with a rough install, no matter what the client finds acceptable.

To expand on the theme, trunking is a hell of a lot quicker and much easier to make look good. Three screws per length and push the cables in, rather than tippety-tap-tapping endless clips in every foot, trying to keep your cable straight etc. Sometimesit pays to spend an extra fiver to guarantee you're in the pub early.

Reply to Clipped Direct in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Happy New Year all. Quick question regarding cable sizing. I have a 25m run from DB to car charging unit. The 25m run will mean approx 8m is run...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock