Discuss Clips maximum spacing distance in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mandinga1975

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello all

I wonder whether anyone can let me know the clips maximum spacing distance for fixing 6mm diameter PVC cable to a wall (both vertical and horizontal), as per BS7671.

Unfortunately I haven't got my 17th Edition or On-site guide yet.

Slightly OT but are there any other books that I would find useful (I am half way through my City and Guilds 2330.

Thanks

Dan

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

bcm_spark

-
Arms
Got my regs book in front of me and it states if the diameter is greater than 9mm but less than 15mm then the maximum spacings are 300mm apart horizontally or 400mm apart vertically. Greater than 15mm diameter cable but less than 20mm is 350mm and 450mm. Greater than 20mm but less than 40mm is 400mm and 550mm. Hope this helps. Ben

M

mandinga1975

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks very much Ben.

You wouldn't happen to know what it is for 6mm diameter?

Thanks again

Dan

T

Timmi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think its 400 or 500 but iv not looked in the onsite as its somewere in my room

bcm_spark

-
Arms
Thats what the regs book says. In the case of flat t+e though it is the measurement across the largest face

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Clips maximum spacing distance in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom