Discuss Clive Collett NIC assessment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kung

Hey Guys
Anyone had this guy for their assessment ?
What figure on a bribe did he accept ? :D
Just wondered how many were assessed by him and how did you find the guy ?
Thanks !
Regards
Kung.
:):):):)

Oh dear.....so you got clive Collett.........hes the most ruthless inspector out there.
NOT

I really have no idea, but good luck anyway:D

Is this your first assessment Kung?

Yes I've had a few assessments with Clive.
If you haven't had the assessment yet dont sweat it, hes a real nice guy he likes tea with a dash of milk no sugar.
He is well up on the regs & knows his stuff, as he runs/owns a contracting outfit in Oxfordshire he is on the ball with current practices.
He likes a good chinwag & preffers to travel to the assessment addresses with you in your vehicle for said chat (mostly about anything but sparking).

As I said he is a fair assessor & makes the time fly by as he is very amiable & chatty.
He will ask all the regular questions you get on the assessments & about the work you are showing (to ensure you understand why you've done what you have & not just done it as an instruction from another person) & you'll have to do the full range of testing.

From memory (as my assessment was back in May) some things he asked me.

1) what would you do if the Ze was a little high.
2) Why do we undertake R1+R2 test.
3) what is the minimum IR value from 7671 @ 500v
4) max Zs on a 30mA rcd
5) what are the zones in a bathroom
6) are you happy that the test result you have & why
7) what is the minimum mec you could use on a TT system
8) why no rcd at the head of the submain & show me how it complies with regs
9) whats max Ze put on certs for TNC-s TNC & TT

He will also at the end of the assessment ask questions about Building regs, as in what regulation covers efficiency or fire regulation ( he does this on the drive back to his van).

Dont be frightened to ask him questions or for some advice, I've always found him more than happy to answer both.

Good luck

Niceic assessments are carried out by run of the mill local approved contractors so the assessments are very basic and unless you are in direct competition with the assessor then you will pass, irrelevant of whether you are competent or not
Remember the NICEIC have the lowest entry criteria of all the schemes
The Domestic installer status is accepted by government but is fast becoming a joke as far as being a registered electrician is cvoncerned

Reply to Clive Collett NIC assessment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net