Discuss Closing down my business in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've decided to close down my business.

After my apprenticeship, I did about 12 years in the industry, before moving onto pastures new. When I retired from that job, I thought I would try being a sole trader electrician. I gave it a bash for 5 years, but for various reasons, I've decided to call it a day. I have a new job starting in October.

It was an unexpected steep learning curve for me, but not completely wasted time. I joined this forum back in 2011 in preparation, and gained some valuable experience and guidance from members over the years. Sometimes the advice aggrieved me, but the truth hurts!

So a big thank you for your counsel. I shall be sticking around, though :)

A last bit of advice from you in the meantime. I'll have my accountant tidy up those ends, the van will be going off to the knackers yard, I'll keep me tools for the time being. Advertising was minimal, and old clients I can redirect to other sparks. Anything else?

Not sure what to do with my public liability insurance, paid for till June 19, the last work I did was April this year. Should I keep it, or get a refund?

keep the PL insurance. you'll probably be doing few jobs for friends/family as a sideline. and what's the van?

@Midwest you’re up there with the legends. Glad you will be sticking around - witty banter keeps us all young.
As long as you’re not packing it all in so that you can have tea on the table in time for home and away!

Reply to Closing down my business in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
I am an experienced electrical engineer consultant in building services, and I am looking to expand my professional horizons by taking on side...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock